Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Instructions.... idiots guide?

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Compound#22, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Compound#22

Good evening all,

I have just unboxed my Phantom 1 and although I can fly it ok I cant make any sense of the switching on the tx, I have read through the instructions and I might as well be reading the Chinese pages....

Is there an idiots guide to the GPS/ATTI/ATTI switch and what does what? Also the CL/HL one...

I believe the arm on the back of the tx is to tilt the gimbal should I get one fitted? and the port on the back is to fit a video transmitter?

Thanks for any help :)

Mike

2. chapsrlz

this is a text i read in this forums and copied to icloud notes (with a bunch of usefull information i have found in phantom pilots)

3. Compound#22

Thanks, is this the same for the Phantom 1?

4. OI Photography

Pretty much. The P1's are always in "NAZA mode", the separate "Phantom Mode" is only in the P2's...so the flight mode and IOC info posted above applies to your Phantom just like it's described there.

5. Compound#22

Thanks very much... will have a flight today and see how I get on..next thing is gimbal and FpV I reckon :)

6. discv

It maybe just me, getting old and senile, but I'm amazed that no one has pointed out that the OP has been very lucky.

Opened the box and flew. Then asked on the forum what S1 and S2 did. [Manual not read by definition]

So it follows that no IMU status check/calibration. No compass calibration. No TX calibration etc. etc.

An out and out potential 'fly away'- and one step nearer legislation :cry:

7. Compound#22

I didn't say I hadn't read the manual, I said I had read it but there were certain things that I did not fully understand, I did calibrate and also set compass etc as instructions prior to the first flight. I might just be me getting old and senile but I thought the idea of a forum such as this was to get help and advice and I am amazed that no one has pointed out that I am clearly wrong.

Live and learn....

8. FredMurtz

This idiot thanks everyone for the Idiot's Guide above. Very helpful.

9. Compound#22

Fred,
    How did you get on with yours? all good I hope?

10. dcoski

I miss the good old days where we were all learning together. Now the simple solution is to learn to read a second language. When you don't have clue what they are talking about. I have been fly my little Phantom for a little over a year now and am still learning something every time I go out and fly. I feel for your confusion and would be just as lost as you, but at the time DJI had series of videos for the "Noobe" that problely help more that anything and keep me going.

http://youtu.be/yMWR91gmJT4?list=PL_9RfvmrdFWUUNgu6bPFlxfqy5i1yrkhx

Watch some of these and see if they help. Take your time and by all means be safe. It is a good hobby.

11. FredMurtz

C22, I've been having a ball, one hard landing on the 1st flight getting my air legs under me. 1 bent prop is all I've managed to break so far. I'm upgrading now, getting my Zenmuse HD-3D gimbel and FPV going. I already had a Hero 3 Black so I'm set there. I got 2 Dinogy 2800 mah batteries to kick up my flight time.

I found the Wiki here really helpful to start with.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom-Setup_Wizard

And this video is a must watch with 25 good tips. http://youtu.be/INqhUZKz9m0