Installing the ground station on P2V?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing the ground station on the Vision?
a) If yes, does it require the PMU V2?
b) Will the Vision's GPS fit in the PMU V2 as from the pictures it appears different?
c) Any ideas on how this will affect the battery?
d) If you install the ground station can you also additionally install the Flytrex Core? which version Phantom or just DJI if the PMU-V2 is now installed?

The Groundstation isn't available yet on the P2V, DJI stated that a future update will provide that ability, but no firm date for release has been announced.

OI Photography said:
The Groundstation isn't available yet on the P2V, DJI stated that a future update will provide that ability, but no firm date for release has been announced.
Does that mean that the ground station I have is useless?? Or are they going to bring out any adapters to use with??

Skywatcher said:
OI Photography said:
Does that mean that the ground station I have is useless?? Or are they going to bring out any adapters to use with??

If you have a P2V then yes it's useless right now. It's also not clear if the GS function on the P2V will use the current equipment like you have now, or if it will just use the existing hardware already in place on the P2V.

OI Photography said:
Skywatcher said:
OI Photography said:

If you have a P2V then yes it's useless right now. It's also not clear if the GS function on the P2V will use the current equipment like you have now, or if it will just use the existing hardware already in place on the P2V.

It's implied no additional hardware will be needed per their website:

"... a separate firmware and mobile phone App update will be released providing the Phantom 2 Vision with Ground Station capabilities including waypoint editing and autonomous waypoint navigation. The update will be released soon!"

Is it impossible then to connect it as an additional piece of equipment? I guess the factory board will only allow you to fly within the 1000ft range when the wireless data link module claims a lot more than that as well as BVR flights! Is there anyone that has tried to connect it? :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic