Installing Mini IOSD + Pmu v2 on your phantom for FPV

Reaction score
Hello guys my phantom specs:

Naza V2(orange), Version 1.2.1

FPV: Fatshark 250mW, go pro 3, fatshark goggles.

I purchased Mini IOSD + PMU V2. I thought I can use osd live feed.

I am a little bit confused as I read more articles regarding the mods you need to get this working for fpv.

Well is it not enough? I tried to find installation videos but they always hook up the iosd to zenmuse h3-2d.

Please help me get this installation through, Am I missing something?

Please look at the picture below,

Mini Iosd is connected to Pmu v2 extendend can port.
Gps on Phantom is connected to gps port on pmu v2.
Servo cable on pmu v2 is connected to X3.
EXP cable on pmu v2 is connected to EXP port on Naza v2.

http://i.imgur.com/rzzxoX1.jpg

Looks to me like your schematic is laid out properly, have you already connected everything?

BTW, you will still need to maintain a power connection from the battery to the power distribution board the NAZA is mounted on, that feeds the ESC's/motors.

OI Photography said:
Looks to me like your schematic is laid out properly, have you already connected everything?

BTW, you will still need to maintain a power connection from the battery to the power distribution board the NAZA is mounted on, that feeds the ESC's/motors.

hello mate thanks for your fast response, They are coming in tomorrow. I wanted to make sure all the connections are right as shown in the picture. I am going to power up the Pmu v2 by connecting to the this pre-supplied power connection Or lipo cable.
Which one do you suggest?

I'd do it straight to where the main batt lead attaches, leaving the aux power cable free for external use. I'm also not sure if the aux cable provides the full voltage of the battery, or if it's regulated down to 5V (or if that matters for the PMU input). Mine is hardwired to something right now, or I'd test it for you.

OI Photography said:
I'd do it straight to where the main batt lead attaches, leaving the aux power cable free for external use. I'm also not sure if the aux cable provides the full voltage of the battery, or if it's regulated down to 5V (or if that matters for the PMU input). Mine is hardwired to something right now, or I'd test it for you.

cheers mate no need to test, actually you are right I am going to use aux power to power up my alexmos gimbal.
I will solder pmu v2's power leads to main batt leads. As soon as I receive it I will post a picture of setup tomorrow.

thanks a lot for the picture.
I have opened mine Phantom. It is v 1.2.1 It has the latest Naza M-V2 but I can't see the PMU V2...did you have to buy this separately?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi, thank you for your diagram, very helpful, I'm trying to conect my alexmos gimbal to the naza-m + pmu v2 + iosd mini, but I don't get the pitch control from the phantom stock tx to work, using the hidden 7th channel, and the pitch connected from the gimbal to the Naza-m F2 port. In the naza software is ON the gimbal control.

I'm desperatr, could you please help me with the instructions, or the settings on the SimpleBGC_GUI ?? (I'm on 2.2 version) to the gimbal, or anything??

Sorry for my english, I'm from Bogota, COL in South Ametica.

Thank you in advance.

Just a quick question. I have my setup connected as the diagram shows. It's great. But i noticed on my goggles screen I can now see the iosmini display atop the gopro video out display. Is there a way to toggle the gopro display off? I guess I can check the gopro manual too.
Thanks

Just noticed my gimbal goes into safe mode when angle the camera fully downward. It's due to the video out cable comming from the gopro. The stiffness if the cable alone is hindering gimbal motion. I will attempt to wire it internally thru the video out on the board rather than iosd mini. Will this stop iosd mini from working? I still have to do the gimbal firmware update. That might help too. Just not sure if it will be enough to leave the video out cable plugged to the gopro.

I have a P 1.1.1, and followed the wiring diagram in the picture posted previously. I do have one question, though: In the picture, it shows a lead from the V2 to X3 on the Naza controller. There is already a lead to X3 coming from the Phantom main board. It is attached to the Phantom main board right next to the primary power connection for the battery. Do I just tape that lead and not use it? I don't want to close up the Phantom and fly without knowing about that particular lead, and I cannot find any mention of it.

BTW, I am using the SkyZone goggles with their 5.8 GHz 600 mW video transmitter, and a GP3 White for both FPV and recording. I also have a GoodLuckBuy gimbal with pitch control.

I hope someone on here will be able to answer the question about that lead.

Thanks to everyone who have shared their knowledge on here!

OI Photography said:
w8asa said:
Do I just tape that lead and not use it?

Correct, the new lead from the PMU replaces that power feed from the board to the NAZA, connected to X3.

Thanks for the amazingly fast answer! I'll be flying in a little while, after I set up my mini IOSD display parameters in its software.

Has anyone installed the IOSD Mini into the Phantom 1 with an upgraded board? I bought the Zenmuse H3-2D and had to either purchase the PMU or update the board, I chose to update the board which had the PMU integrated into the board. Does anyone have a video on this or a schematic? Thanks for the help

hi!
I found similar problem:
on phantom 3 h4-3d v3 where to connect mini iosd ?
as they upgraded compass .
please help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers