Installing FPV Tx (Phantom Upgrade board)

Reaction score
I have recently installed the upgrade board and the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal to my Phantom 1.1.1, which works great. But I have now purchased an FPV screen and a Boscam 400mw 5.8ghz Tx and I am struggling to find any advice on how to install the Tx to the phantom upgrade board.

I am a novice when it comes to soldering but I did have to do quite a bit when installing the upgrade board so I am at least capable of doing it. My problem is that I have very little knowledge of electronics and I need to understand what needs to be connected where.. I am quite happy to connect the power for the FPV through the balance cable from the main LiPo and I'm not even fussed about a 'clean' installation inside the Phantom either. I just want to get it all working.

Has anyone done this or can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks!!

maybe i didn't understand the question, but if you power the tx from the balance lead of the battery you don't need to solder anything, the tx takes power from the balance lead and video signal from the gopro trough a cable from the usb port, for the installation i put mine on the side of the upper part of the lading gear, with some heavy duty velcro

Thanks and yes you are probably right about the power. However the video out can be taken from the upgrade board via the Zenmuse some how.. I'm just not sure what to do to get this working. I think taking the USB from the GoPro will damage the motors in the gimbal and mean it won't work properly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4