Do you use DJI Assistant 2 on your Mac?

• Yes, I am happy with it

• Yes, and I don't like it

• Yes, I installed it but I don't think it necessary

• No, I didn't know it existed

• No, but now I will install it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
With a brand new look on things (first time doing this), I wasn't too impressed with the process of using DJI Assistant 2 on Mac OS X.

The .dmg file for Ver. 1.0.4 is available on DJI's download page: DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads and is compatible Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher.

Once the disk image (.dmg) is mounted, it contains two files, both of which are supposed to be dragged into the Applications folder.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 9.56.50 AM.png

One is the DJI Assistant 2 Software (wrongly labeled Assistant) and the other is an installer for a Driver.

There is no mention of what this driver is for and whether the Driver is even required before you double click it.
Once opened, the installer first screen shows some info: however, its description has nothing to do with DJI Assistant and points to being a kernel extension used to tether an Android phone via USB. huh?

Did you guys also install this driver?

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 9.58.21 AM.png

The software is called "Assistant" everywhere instead of what should be "DJI Assistant 2".
I renamed mine properly in my Applications folder.

Plugging the P4 Controller or the DJI Battery Charging Hub Buy Phantom 4 - Battery Charging Hub | DJI Store does nothing for me.
I realize that it's prob. because there are no firmware update(s) avail.
But it still should show as an available device.

With the Phantom 4, DJI Assistant 2 can be used to reset the drone to factory settings, reinstall (they call that "Refresh" in there) its current firmware or downgrade it.

There is a also a calibration process for the collision avoidance sensors.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
I am curious whether you guys have installed the driver (pictured in one of the screenshots in Post # 1).

Please let me know.

cant get app to work mbp
I have just downloaded the DJI Assist 2 on my MBP but didn't want to download HornDIS pronounced "horrendous" so I'm gonna try on my Dell laptop. Im still on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Not sure what system you're using and if you downloaded that HornDIS thing. It's a bit of a run around just trying to get my P4P in the air. The P3S was seamless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31