Installing an H3 3D gimbal question

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Probably a dumb question but here goes... I just received my Zenmuse H3-3D (I'm upgrading from the 2D) and in the installation video it says to plug the 8 pin connector from the P2 into the anti interference board, then from the other side of the board out to the gimbal correct?

I just called B&H to ask if I needed some extra cables to make this work. They said I may not even need the anti interference board. So, I thought I'd try without it.

The problem I have is I have an FPV setup and I'm using the DJI Hub. The 8 pin cable that comes from the new gimbal doesn't seem to fit on the hub.

Am I missing something? How can I keep the FPV setup I have with the Hub and just add in the new Gimbal?

Many thanks!

Can you take a pic of the new cable that isn't working? With or without the anti-interference board it should connect to the hub just like your H3-2D did.

Sure can, thank you for taking a look!

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    603.6 KB · Views: 446
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 456
jburnard said:
Hi Folks,

Probably a dumb question but here goes... I just received my Zenmuse H3-3D (I'm upgrading from the 2D) and in the installation video it says to plug the 8 pin connector from the P2 into the anti interference board, then from the other side of the board out to the gimbal correct?

I just called B&H to ask if I needed some extra cables to make this work. They said I may not even need the anti interference board. So, I thought I'd try without it.

The problem I have is I have an FPV setup and I'm using the DJI Hub. The 8 pin cable that comes from the new gimbal doesn't seem to fit on the hub.

Am I missing something? How can I keep the FPV setup I have with the Hub and just add in the new Gimbal?

Many thanks!

I'm looking at my phantom right now, I have the same setup.
You should have been sent two 8-pin to 8-pin cables that are the exact same. One to go from the gimbal to anti-interference board, and one to go from the anti-interference board to the DJI hub.

Yeah I should have explained that better. The cable you have been using from the hub to your H3-2D will now connect from the hub to your H3-3D or the anti-interference board.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I think I know where I went wrong. When I sold the H2 I included that cable by mistake. The problem is I'm not sure what to order since the end that goes into the hub is different. I'm guessing that cable came with the hub originally.

Yes I wound up with a couple hubs & didn't use any of them. They came with a bunch of cables. Hubs are so cheap; I'd just by a hub off Amazon. I think they're less than $15. I plug a grey cable coming from inside the Phantom into my gimbal which I imagine you have plugged into your hub.

Just a quick followup for anyone reading. The cable I needed was indeed one that came with the Hub. I got a new Hub at B&H for 12 bucks and I'm all set. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues