Installing a headlight using the micro USB port as a power source

DPM

Reaction score
Can this be done, if not what are my options for a power source?

The one I had used the P3 battery........... A cable ran through the side fins and over to it. It had the usual battery flat mount hookups that slide over the terminals.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Can this be done, if not what are my options for a power source?

Are you sure that it supplies 5v?

Anyways, I'd avoid tapping into power from anywhere but the battery distribution runners.

The one I had used the P3 battery........... A cable ran through the side fins and over to it. It had the usual battery flat mount hookups that slide over the terminals.
Have they made this for the p3? Or did you mean p2?

Which one was it? I need it please please please.

Did it come with an led too? I assume if it did it had something to drop the voltage down to 12v
It was a light kit................ the headlight (super-bright led's), and a light strip that wrapped entorely around the aircraft. They both had a small PCB that I attached to the side, and ran the cable to the battery. They both had their own "plug" that I could just leave unplugged in daytime.

Which one was it? I need it please please please.
Hmmm....... not really sure. It looked generic as hell. Like I said, it came as part of the bundle I got from Koazom on Amazon.com. You might e-mail him and ask who made it. The cable running through the inside of the shell came into contact with the battery as I slid it in. I knew it would eventually rub it in two. It finally happened the other day. I have since removed it, and threw it away. I believe they're like $8 retail, if you can find out who made it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31