Installed parachute help

Reaction score
image.jpeg Hello all, I literally just spent 4 and a half hours installing the phantom 3 lite parachute system with the mayday device. This installation was definitely challenging and very frustrating lol. The question that I have is regarding one of the cables that I could not get to fit in with the antenna. It's a four wire ribbon cable and I'm afraid that it crimped it to the point where it's not going to work anymore. I just attempted to see if the p3 was ok in my house and now the Rc signal says that it's low. I'm hoping that I didn't screw up with the cable. I'll post a picture of it. I can't go outside right now to fly due to snow and the temperature being 9 degrees F. Thanks everyone!

I heard a parachute system for drones cost about as much, or more than the drone itself. The only one I found online was over 800$. Have they come out with something new? Or did you pay a comparable price? Also, I am very interested in this, but do you have be to outside to take a pic of the mod? We don't need to see it deployed.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
It ran me about $250 with everything included. I wish there was something more easy to install though. It comes with the mayday system and all of the brackets and hardware required to assemble it. There are a few modifications that are required.

I heard a parachute system for drones cost about as much, or more than the drone itself. The only one I found online was over 800$. Have they come out with something new? Or did you pay a comparable price? Also, I am very interested in this, but do you have be to outside to take a pic of the mod? We don't need to see it deployed.
It

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    946 KB · Views: 468
View attachment 43774 View attachment 43775 View attachment 43774 View attachment 43774 It ran me about $250 with everything included. I wish there was something more easy to install though. It comes with the mayday system and all of the brackets and hardware required to assemble it. There are a few modifications that are required.

It
Oh I see. You have to deploy with no feedback from the drone. Like, oh **** its falling, and hit the button. 250 is a lot better than 800 though, and that one probably worked exactly the same way. There are situations where it'll be tough to decide when to deploy, mainly out of sight, but I hope it works for ya. Good luck.

PS It looks like it would land upside down, maybe to protect the gimbal?

This is an automatic deploy system. That's what the mayday sensor is for.

Oh I see. You have to deploy with no feedback from the drone. Like, oh **** its falling, and hit the button. 250 is a lot better than 800 though, and that one probably worked exactly the same way. There are situations where it'll be tough to decide when to deploy, mainly out of sight, but I hope it works for ya. Good luck.

PS It looks like it would land upside down, maybe to protect the gimbal?
Th

View attachment 43766 Hello all, I literally just spent 4 and a half hours installing the phantom 3 lite parachute system with the mayday device. This installation was definitely challenging and very frustrating lol. The question that I have is regarding one of the cables that I could not get to fit in with the antenna. It's a four wire ribbon cable and I'm afraid that it crimped it to the point where it's not going to work anymore. I just attempted to see if the p3 was ok in my house and now the Rc signal says that it's low. I'm hoping that I didn't screw up with the cable. I'll post a picture of it. I can't go outside right now to fly due to snow and the temperature being 9 degrees F. Thanks everyone!

thats the compass, turn it on if the compass works you are fine

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl