Installed P4 new propeller mount

Reaction score
I just installed the new propeller mounting brackets on my P4.

It is an easy install. All you need is a 1.5 mm hex wrench.

I have not flown it yet, but the propellers definitely "snap" into place better than with the original mounts.

It also opens the top vents on the motors which may make the motors run cooler.

Reactions: DocDiggler
I installed the upgraded P4Pro prop mounts on my P4 the other day and this morning finally had the chance to fly it.. Definitely a tighter fit... adds to the confidence that the props are installed securely.

Reactions: DocDiggler
I installed the upgraded P4Pro prop mounts on my P4 the other day and this morning finally had the chance to fly it.. Definitely a tighter fit... adds to the confidence that the props are installed securely.
where did you get the P4Pro motor mounts?Can't find them on DJI site. Thank you

Reactions: jsposito
Use the screws that come with the new kit.

It took about a week for mine to arrive. I used the screws provided with the new mounts. As stated they have loctite on them. They even include a couple of extra ones. They are quite small and easy to loose.

I'll save the old mounts and screws in case I need them later.

Reactions: Lagwagon
Those are definitely the newer style with the coil spring over the center pin. The old style of course has the 3 tabbed spring that goes around the outside of the while plastic prop locking mechanism.

I just installed the new propeller mounting brackets on my P4.

It is an easy install. All you need is a 1.5 mm hex wrench.

I have not flown it yet, but the propellers definitely "snap" into place better than with the original mounts.

It also opens the top vents on the motors which may make the motors run cooler.
Just ordered! A bit odd that the originals would restrict air flow through the vents, but whatever.

I bought two sets. Have not yet installed. Can someone delineate the installation steps or post a video of how? Cannot find anything on You Tube. I am a little concerned about fixing something that's not broke.

Unscrew the old mounts and screw on the new mounts. It's not a complicated process.

They are the stock P4P mounts.
?

I thought the stock p4p mounts had springs in the middle?
The link shows no springs....? Parts kit mentions no incluction of springs either.

The kit comes with the required springs, screws and mounts, 1 clockwise and 1 counter clockwise. Installed mine a few days ago and took it for a test flight without issue.

I thought the stock p4p mounts had springs in the middle?
The link shows no springs....? Parts kit mentions no incluction of springs either.
There are a few other photos at that link. Click them all to see the springs.

Reactions: jsposito
IMG_4596.PNG
IMG_4597.PNG
I did the install. Mine came with two extra screws in each bag just in case you dropped a few during the process of changing them over. The old ones (screws)and new ones were also a differant size. They were very close but differant in size. Here's the old mounts to compaired to the new

Reactions: sactownjames

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20