Installed Itelite/MAXXUav antenna - Disappointed at first but great success!

I don't know if that's related, but it's an important fact to note though ;)

I am interested to modify my phantom 4 to get a better range.
But I do not feel comfortable to do this myself , do you know someone who does this modification nicely and how much is the charge for this

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am interested to modify my phantom 4 to get a better range.
But I do not feel comfortable to do this myself , do you know someone who does this modification nicely and how much is the charge for this

Jake at maxxuav.com can do everything for you. I sent him my controller and I had it back in 4 days. Great customer service and amazing workmanship.
88d2b16c6eaa94f6bcfc1b9faccb5aa4.jpg
babce2f38803e20db35bd20afe35c6d7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only thing I don't like here is the University of Kentucky logo. Why someone would ruin such a good design with the logo of a bastion of cheating is beyond me. Other than that, beautiful. How is the range?

Last edited:
How much it costs total

For everything including the dbs antenna, hardware, upgraded cables , battery , 2 amps, custom mount and labor for the modification the total was $ 450 and worth every penny. Jake is incredible and he's quick to respond if you have a question . I won't be shopping anywhere else ever again .

Reactions: Davphys
I am confused , you said battery , I saw iLite modification without batteries , are there two different modification , and if so what is the difference in range and price , please post more pictures of the final product

I am confused , you said battery , I saw iLite modification without batteries , are there two different modification , and if so what is the difference in range and price , please post more pictures of the final product

You can either just do the dbs itelite antenna just by itself which doesn't need any power. Or you can do the dbs antenna with dual amps which uses a 13000 mah anker battery block. The battery is located underneath the UK logo on the mount.

Attachments

• 1460328400844.jpg
    1460328400844.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 1460328424327.jpg
    1460328424327.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 325
  • 1460328470466.jpg
    1460328470466.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 1460328505615.jpg
    1460328505615.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 379
Location and environmental factors are huge. One person could take the dbs without amps 9 miles while another person could use the dbs with amps and only go 5 miles. So it really depends on where and how the individual Flys that will determine the range. But it's safe to say that with just the dbs antenna a person can expect 3x stock range . And the amps will give you better penetration for lower altitude flights. With the maxxuav.com dbs antenna the range will be limited to the battery power of the Phantom 4.

I received the new short blue cables today from maxxuav and put them on.... I'll let this pic explain the difference:, wish I could change the title of this thread to say the least. I could.n't be happier with this antenna solution, I was like a little kid dancing around. I still had full signal but no cajones to go further yet.

a95346a321db55dd1e4ac795607674e5.jpg

Last edited:
I received the new short blue cables today from maxxuav and put them on.... I'll let this pic explain the difference:, wish I could change the title of this thread to say the least. I could.n't be happier with this antenna solution, I was like a little kids d dancing around

a95346a321db55dd1e4ac795607674e5.jpg

Congratulations!!! Is that one way? Or round trip?

Finally figured out how to get the antenna bases out without destroying them so this morning I took my tx back apart and installed the itelite from maxxuav non-boosted. Once I got the bases out everything went smoothly with my ifixit tweezers, hemostats and magnetic screw bowl. I came into it prepared lol.

It took about 30 minutes start to finish (I had taken the tx apart twice before but stopped by the confounded bases those times.

After buttoning everything up I proceeded to have a seat on my front porch steps where I like to fly from across a small-town residential area towards downtown or from our back patio directly over a large wooded area (edge of town). I flew thir route yesterday evening and again this morning before the mod so I could judge what I had gained by the investment.

Flying the two directions over town I can get to about 2100-2200ft out (300ft alt) before I lose rc signal and video as well, and rth kicks in). The other direction directly over wooded non-populated path I can get to about 3300ft, same altituide.

I use channel 20 and 4mb setting on video.

My flight distance on both town flights today (same as yesterday non-itelite/maxxuav) were 2170ft and 2002ft and my wooded route was 3200ft. Altitude was 300ft for all. I've actually lost some distance or about the same. I know the antenna is working as I wouldn't be flying if it was not.

Comments, thoughts? I tried to keep the routes and altitude the same and same times as yesterday. I don't mean this to be a 'bash' post but rather I'm frustrated and disappointed.

Try channel 21

But only if you don't drill and have your plugs going out the stock antenna holes

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you do as I did and try to use the factory antenna holes instead of drilling the top of the controller, you need the pass through adapters. The only problem is the wires that come with the DBS controller are straight, and they bend against the back of the antenna. These blue cables are 90 degrees at both ends and allow the wire to be free of interference

If you do as I did and try to use the factory antenna holes instead of drilling the top of the controller, you need the pass through adapters. The only problem is the wires that come with the DBS controller are straight, and they bend against the back of the antenna. These blue cables are 90 degrees at both ends and allow the wire to be free of interference

Does the controller still fit stock in the P4 foam case with that extra length from the SMA connectors?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj