Installed Futaba T8J and failsafe kicked in

Reaction score
I just installed the Futaba T8J and flew in my neighborhood tonight. Not to impressed as to why my failsafe kicked in and sent Phantom home to land. It was only 70m high and 175m out. Any responses to why would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RYan

Check your receiver antenna orientation in the legs. If you can try and have the antennas diagonally across from each other. That way the bird will have reception any way it is oriented. I routinely get over 2 miles with my T8J, love it. Granted I am running FPVLR antennas, but even without the FPVLR antennas I Was getting 900 meters no problem.

Check your receiver antenna orientation in the legs. If you can try and have the antennas diagonally across from each other. That way the bird will have reception any way it is oriented. I routinely get over 2 miles with my T8J, love it. Granted I am running FPVLR antennas, but even without the FPVLR antennas I Was getting 900 meters no problem.
Thanks for the reply. Only one antenna is long enough to go through a leg and the other is inside the case at a 90 degree angle like I read to do. Should I buy the antenna wore extension kit?

You should be OK with one antenna inside the shell.Mine is like that and everythhing works well,I can fly 1.5 Kilometers before RTH kicks in if I'm in an area with no obstuctions.
There could be some interference where your launching from such as steel roofs deflecting signals or even a neigbor using a cheap and nasty wifi extender can mess with the connection between transmitter and receiver.
Go out to a wide open area to fly and see how you go.

You should be OK with one antenna inside the shell.Mine is like that and everythhing works well,I can fly 1.5 Kilometers before RTH kicks in if I'm in an area with no obstuctions.
There could be some interference where your launching from such as steel roofs deflecting signals or even a neigbor using a cheap and nasty wifi extender can mess with the connection between transmitter and receiver.
Go out to a wide open area to fly and see how you go.
Thanks a lot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers