Installed extender it made it worse

SBS

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 standard, when i got the drone i could get 280m range, i then installed the range extender carefully and now i only get 150m, i reinstalled the original parts and now still only get abut 150m? I am very confused... is there anything else i need to do to get the original range back?

I have the Argtek extender, watched a few different you tube tutorials on how to do it before i did it.
did it all carefully . i just went on another test flight and the rc indicator on the app is full and then can just suddenly drop, then come back again. sometimes can get to 100 m sometimes to 30m .....aaargh..:(

i have done, actually 4 times, check recheck, tried original rechecked,, no differance

You are, of course, aiming the antennas correctly, I assume.

Is there a chance you had a bad connection initially on your first mod attempt? If so, it's possible the transmitter is damaged.

Reactions: dirkclod
yep, i am aiming the antennas in all sorts of ways;), the connectors all looked ok, as they should be, like i said rechecked so may times...... aaargh ...i disconnected the power cable before the mod, if you think it could be the transmitter, how do you think it got damaged and is this repairable and afforadble?

thanks for your help btw

If the connection was not good, the transmitter could over heat and burn up. Or if you mistakenly turned on the transmitter after doing the mod but didn't attach the antenna, same thing - tx could overheat.

I don't know what else it could be.

I messed up my mod on the original P2V transmitter and I figured I must have burnt the transmitter. I bought an upgraded one used for $50 on eBay.

If it over heated, do you think i would smell that special electronic burnt smell, lol, i have smelled burnt electronic before.... didnt smell anything now.... i have just put the oringinal parts back and i seem to get further than with the extender but still no where near i should be

That would make sense, wouldn't it? It would have a slight burnt smell. I can't say for sure though, I didn't think to sniff mine.

What about the cable being bad? Could that be the problem? If so, your tx is probably still burnt, but that would explain it.

What about the cable being bad? Could that be the problem? If so, your tx is probably still burnt, but that would explain it.
mark he has a thread on this in the help section also.
@SBS Try and keep an issue like this in one thread so we can all be on the same track :)

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl