installed a payload drop for the P3A

Reaction score
so i installed a payload drop on my P3A by combining two different mods. so i bought the splash drone payload drop (link) and the retractable landing gear from RCDH (link). So what i did is take the wireing harness from the ratractable landing gear and installed as normal but i only installed the Waterproof payload release for splash drone where the servo for the right side of the landing gear would go. then i threaded the wires through the phantom to clean it up. Once i tested it and had it all working i attached the payload release to the bottom of the P3A

Attachments

• IMG_0018 (1).jpg
    IMG_0018 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,971
  • IMG_0021 (1).jpg
    IMG_0021 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,847
  • IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,791
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 1,844
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 1,842
Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more about this.

You do realize that dropping payloads from a drone is something that draws the attention of the FAA, right?

This concept has GREAT opportunities in SAR work and has already been proven to saves live during a Tx (I think it was Tx) flooding situation.

Reactions: Numone and Reed L
Reactions: Phantomfreak
acctually i first wanted to install a servo winch type of deal so that way i could pick up as well as drop off but i couldnt figure out a way to get the servo to stop pulling or dropping the line it would just keep going and going

You do realize that dropping payloads from a drone is something that draws the attention of the FAA, right?
Although it may draw attention, it is not illegal. It's been done for yrs. 1979 may dad had a fixed wing that would drop plastic bombs full of flour at a hula hoop he had set up.
As far as the bad guys, I think they are already light yrs ahead of us here in the forum. I don't see us teaching them anything.
....after 2nd thought... op here might get invited to the White House. Obama invited that kid who made a look alike bomb.

Reactions: gfredrone
Who wants to play?
image.jpeg

Let's make pretend? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Shammyh
so i installed a payload drop on my P3A by combining two different mods. so i bought the splash drone payload drop (link) and the retractable landing gear from RCDH (link). So what i did is take the wireing harness from the ratractable landing gear and installed as normal but i only installed the Waterproof payload release for splash drone where the servo for the right side of the landing gear would go. then i threaded the wires through the phantom to clean it up. Once i tested it and had it all working i attached the payload release to the bottom of the P3A

I've always wanted retractable landing gear. Those are $199 which is absolutely crazy. I've seen P2 ones for $34 on eBay. I've always wandered if I could buy one of the $34 ones and modify it to work with my P3 legs.

I'm trying to add an additional servo to my P3P also and I came to the same conclusion of having to purchase a $250 dollar landing gear just for the control module. I'm curious however, how did you control the action or travel distance i.e when the servo knew it had traveled enough and stopped in either direction? Also, I've been putting off purchasing the full landing gear hoping to find someone like you that can tell me what the Make and Model the control module had on it. If you get that info, I bet I can find some Taiwan Co. that would love to off-load about 50 to 200 pcs. for little to nothing. Everyone is grabbing the P3's right now and many serious RC guys would love to add a servo or two to make something(s) happen. Like me! They would go like hot cakes on Elay or Amazone. Nice Job

Reactions: stompy1o1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj