Installation of new motors

Reaction score
I am installing gravity motors in my FC-40 . my question is the new motor instructions say to connect the wires up different from my old motors. Which way do I install them? Hey guys I am installing tonight so any responce is better then no responce.

Last edited:
Reactions: René Wilhelm
The motors have three wires. You can connect them in any order then test rotation direction. IF one or any spin in the wrong direction just swap ANY two wires and the rotation will reverse.

Reactions: dirtybum
Hey thanks Ren'e Wilhelm and NO17rw for the info. I got that figured out but a new problem pop up. props are spining right but when I take off the quad goes crazy out of control. Do you think I need to replace the speed controllers?

You shouldn't unless you have damaged them some how when installing the motors. Do the props still spin by hand normally with the motors plugged in but no battery hooked up. If not, check your wires hookup. Not sure why they decided to use all white wires for the t motors

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Don't know much about the P1s but it is possible the motors aren't compatible for some reason.
Often the motors, props, and ESC firmware are tuned for performance.

Just a guess, a wild one too!

Last edited:
Thanks you guys for your inputs, I appreciate someone finally answering my problem. They are not binding up and they are spining in the right direction. But I think 1,2, or three of the motors are not spinning consistently.

The color of the LEDs on the bottom.

I don't have an FC-40 but I believe the Red is for the front arms and Green for the rear arms.

Reactions: Kelly King

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl