Installation of iOSD Mini & Ground Station Hardware

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 (non-vision) and just received the hardware for a ground station, plus an iOSD mini. I was told by DroneFly the iOSD mini was required so it came as a packaged deal. Does anyone have photos or videos available for the installation of these items?

Thank you!

No ground station but here is a photo of my AVL58, iOSD and HUB mounted

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,038
Phantom2Captain said:
I was told by DroneFly the iOSD mini was required so it came as a packaged deal.

iOSD mini is not "required" and only used if you have FPV video...without that the iOSD has no function, so you decide if you need to include that or not.

To install the Data Link for the groundstation, you just need to plug it in to the canbus port on the front leg, and then mount it any way you like (similar to the picture above is fine), just make sure the 2 antennae are mounted away from each other. If you do need to include the iOSD in the mix it gets a little more complicated, depending on what camera/gimbal setup you have.

Here's another mounting example, showing the groundstation Data Link:
phantom1_hack4.jpg

Here is my P2 w/ iOSD Mini, FPV transmitter, & 2.4 GS unit. Behind it all is the DJI FPV hub which makes this all simple plug & play. I laser cut a piece of matboard (approx 1/8") to attach it all...

Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_2327.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 960
Nice pictures. Mines on its way. I can't imagine flying without fpv so I am keeping my iosd mini. Presently I am running the avl58+ iosd mini. Just say a video and the guy installed his data link + mini + can bus inside the shell of his p2 and his buggiest grouse is when it's time for An update. I like life simple and I definitely gonna see how I can work it up on the inside.
Just my two cents.
Btw can someone guide me to where I can get info on distance between the links and the pro and cons of this modification beside the obvious additional weight. Thanks.

Can GS be controlled with Android and what is the name of the app? I cannot find one in Google play. I have the Phantom 2 v2 with Gimbal 3d GoPro and Monitor FPV. I am very new to this and there is too much information out there by amateurs like me. What hardware do I need?

Thanks for any help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl