Installation Clarification

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am in the middle of installing my ZM h3-3d gimbal on my phantom 2 (with the pre drilled hole in the bottom of the Phantom) and I have question about the installation.

In the instruction guide of the Gimbal, it mentions using the Anti Interference board. Is this necessary? Have you installed the gimbal without it and had no issues?

I am also installing a Mini iOSD and Immersion 600mw vTX.

Thanks!

I ran it once w/o the board because I was lazy and just wanted to take a test flight. I couldn't tell any difference. With that said, it was for only one flight and I didn't keep the test footage, so I don't have anything to compare. It's actually a pretty simple install. I have mine installed inside the Phantom.

It's to the right of the Naza underneath the canbus and the cable from the mini IOSD.

The anti interference board helps eliminate the Jello effect. You can either install where Diesel31 installed it or on the opposite side of the main controller. You will notice 2 screws above the receiver. The board can be installed there. The anti interference board is formed with a notch to go around the two black connectors on that side. The only reason I install it there is because give more room for other equipment such as a 2.4ghz Data link for the iPad Ground Station. Good luck and happy flying

extremeuas said:
The anti interference board helps eliminate the Jello effect.

Don't know where you got that information but it's incorrect. The board is used to filter RF interference caused by brushless motors of gimbal.

Thanks all. I went ahead and installed it right where the pictures above noted. It's really the only internal place you can install it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.