Installation 101

Reaction score
Hello

So I called one of the top DJI Dealers and spoke to the guy about what i was wanting to do - he lead me thru there website and told me order this part here. Boom ordered it! Then I called back 2 days later and spoke to another guy and he said NO that not right so I order another 88 dollar part now I'm up to 150. and still scratching my head - so anyone that could give me some guidance would be great!!

Heres what Ive have so far..

-- Phantom 1.1.1 - from B&H
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Nt ... av-Search=

-- a GoPro 3
-- DJI iOSD Mini
-- Dji 5.8GHz VideoDown Link Set
-- Beholder Lite Gimbal

-- This is what I ordered from the Dealer store--

-- NAZA V2 PMU on second order
-- Phantom Upgrade Kit - on first order
-- Do I need both or One of them??

Tonight after watching hours of youtube videos I opened up my new Phantom 1.1.1 that came yesterday and took a lookie inside - after watching all those videos i have a clue now what inside but will be installing the items above for what I hope will be a nice quad when i get it all put together! There seems there a ton of videos out there about the phantoms but I have yet to find one with the installation of what I'm doing??
Any Videos / links / diagrams or guidance would be so awesome and good Karma for you to help me, a newbie out!!

I may be mistaken but I think the PMU/upgrade kit is only if you are going to use the zenmuse. If you have the other gimbal, you shouldn't need it. I could be wrong though.

You'll need the PMU for the iOSD to be able to connect to the NAZA and get the data. If you were using the Zenmuse gimbal (but without the iOSD) you could use either the PMU or the upgrade board.

The gimbal you have doesn't need to connect to the NAZA, so it'll just need a power lead.

Thanks !! Wil post back here as I make progress - It will be easier than i think once i actually start on it?

I do know that the upgrade kit reduces weight as opposed to using the PMU but it also is a pain to install.

The more I search the more I learn!!

Servo extension cable at RC Ready Made is the one

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl