Install Zenmuse Phantom v1.2.1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Let me know if purchasing the version Phantom v1.2 I still need to buy the PMU.
Or Naza-M v2 is already everything I need.

I want to install zenmuse h3 2d.
Is it ready to be installed or I need the PMU? :roll:

The DJI told me the following:

Dear Carlos,

There are two options to install H3-2D on your Phantom.
1, buy one PMU v2
2, buy an upgrade kit

Your DJI dealer shall be well informed of this and keep you updated.

Regards,
DJI

PS: The DJI told me the following:

even buying the Phantom 1.2 fitted the PMU must be purchased separately.

I thought the 1.2 came with an upgrade board, why else would it have the gimbal pitch on the controller?

mine has not arrived yet, I'll get it on Saturday and leave the information for you here. okay. :!: :idea:

Hi p4nick,

I hope it will work. I just ordered a Zenmuse and I'm also having the Phantom v 1.2.1. I be getting the Zenmuse by next week so I'll be looking forward for your post.

Cheers,
JP

I am getting a little confused here, isn't the next Phantom version 1.11 not 1.2? I have the latest and it's a 1.11, which doesn't come with the upgrade board already installed. Just a Naza V2 controller. All, I can see is dual antennas and throttle sticks that center themselves as the noticeable changes. There is no arm for the Zenmuse on the new Rc Controller and the Naza looks the same as the first Phantom had, right down to the color. Software was version 4.00 on this model 1.11. Which required updating to Version 4.02 once the assistant software was installed on computer and Phantom connected. Why is Amazon selling Zenmuse for $399, where all DJI dealers have it at $699. Plus all the ratings give the Zenmuse only two stars, everyone saying it fails after one flight or will not work out of the box. Why hasn't DJI been more clear, as to what each Version of Phantom needs to install this thing?

The new version of Phantom, with Naza V2, you need to have the upgrade kit or buy the PMU to install zenmuse.
I chose to upgrade, so I think I use less accessories in the Phantom and spend less battery to power them.

The new version just changes the version of Naza.

I think the confusion in this case is model numbers? At least it confuses me ! Though I have seen 1.2.1 referenced, can anyone confirm there is a v 1.2.1?

To my understanding the last and most recent version of the Phantom is V1.1.1. My most recent phantom ordered just before the release of Phantom 2 is a V1.1.1. It was received a week or so ago. I would assume the new version of the Phantom 2 would be V2.0? Not that DJI would be logical on model number but that makes sense to me.

On that logic. From what I know all versions of the original Phantom up to V1.1.1 will require a PMU V2 OR a Phantom upgrade board. All new versions of the Phantom 2 will have the upgrade board installed and thus making Phantom 2 'Zenmuse ready'. The base version does not include it and the gimbal version obviously does but both are ready.

My 1.1.1 did include new self tightening props, Naza V2, gimbal control on transmitter with self centering sticks. Jflasken, have you seen the Naza inside your Phantom? V2 is orange and black and V1 is red and white. You may know this but just wanted to confirm. I have heard others with 1.1.1 that had not gotten transmitters with gimbal control but not with V1 Naza. I am assuming all this discrepancy is a result of DJI doing updates in the production line only as old components run out?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1