Install the R6208 Futaba receiver on my Phantom

Reaction score
I finally got my Futaba 8FGS, and I'm about to install the receiver on my Phantom. The "problem" is that my stock receiver is the upgraded version with 2 antennas, and it's connected to the Naza controller by 2 identical 3 wire cables(connected to X1 and X2)
So my question is, do I have to use both cables when I'm replacing the receiver?

or

Just connect one cable to the S-bus(R6208) and the other end to the X1 port on Naza?

Quattro1 said:
I finally got my Futaba 8FGS, and I'm about to install the receiver on my Phantom. The "problem" is that my stock receiver is the upgraded version with 2 antennas, and it's connected to the Naza controller by 2 identical 3 wire cables(connected to X1 and X2)
So my question is, do I have to use both cables when I'm replacing the receiver?

or

Just connect one cable to the S-bus(R6208) and the other end to the X1 port on Naza?

The newer dual antenna (dual receiver) Phantoms are equipped to bind to your Futaba without any modification.

So it’s not a god idea to replace the stock receiver? What about range then?

Have seen a lot of videos on YouTube on how to replace the receiver, but they are all replacing the first version receiver, and it’s not helpful for me.

Quattro1 said:
So it’s not a god idea to replace the stock receiver? What about range then?

Have seen a lot of videos on YouTube on how to replace the receiver, but they are all replacing the first version receiver, and it’s not helpful for me.

You will get better range because of the Transmitter.

Check out this thread, Post #35 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 714&page=3

Image shows Bind switch location in Phantom Battery compartment.

a6166950-29-IMG_2633.JPG

Thanks, I'm not sure what I'm gona do, do believe that the futaba receiver is better.. Guess I have to scan the forum :p

Dave Pitman said:
Post your results, good luck.

Okay, futaba receiver is now instaled, the best reason to swap out the dji receiver is that you are not able to use more than 7 channels on the stock dji rx, and I'm actually using 8, 7 on sbus and one conventional.

Quattro1 said:
Dave Pitman said:
Post your results, good luck.

Okay, futaba receiver is now instaled, the best reason to swap out the dji receiver is that you are not able to use more than 7 channels on the stock dji rx, and I'm actually using 8, 7 on sbus and one conventional.

So specifically, how did you install the receiver?

NMG318 said:
So specifically, how did you install the receiver?

I used sbus from R6208SB in into X2 on naza, then i used a conventional servo wire for channel 8. wired the antennas just like dji did, but instead of puting them both in the same direction outside the body, i taped one antenna along one of the legs, so they lineup 90* to each other. I attached the receiver with double sided tape.

I just installed the R7008SB receiver in my P2, after months of flying with the stock receiver in the P2 and the 14SG radio. Everything looks fine on the bench between the 14SG and the R7008SB, including failsafe, IOC modes, etc. My question now is how to install the pan & tilt servos that are part of the Fatshark 600TVL camera. It seems I could connect the pan servo and tilt servo to the NAZA, but I am guessing that connecting them to the R7008SB makes more sense. Appreciate any guidance from anyone who has connected conventional servos into the P2+Futaba Sbus2 environment.

Kelly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl