install new programs like litchi app on Pro+

Reaction score
IHi, I need to install new apps like litchi on reomote controll screen integrated but its not suported.
It has facebook twitter, but not Google play to install 3rd part apps.
Its there any trik to install to use waypoints maps and configuration offline?
Or I have to buy an other controller.
:mad:

DJI produces simply amazing drones but is totally unable (perhaps on purpose...) to develop softwares...

Having closed the Phantom 4 Pro to the third parties is a great reason to buy older models (and save money)

Reactions: OOO and zacksomeone
I hope this will change on next firmwares, Its a Phone screen with android maybe I open it and try to put software on to run apps, it cant be so difficult

I hope this will change on next firmwares, Its a Phone screen with android maybe I open it and try to put software on to run apps, it cant be so difficult
Custom firmware and ability to install third part apps may be a reality if someone applies the effort to work on a root exploit.

Custom firmware and ability to install third part apps may be a reality if someone applies the effort to work on a root exploit.
True, and this would be nice, but there are a lot of development hours in root exploits and the time tends to get spent on popular phone models with millions of users, not a boutique device like the P4P+. Also since P4P+ updates include an image of both the OS and application layer it would be easy for DJI to just patch any exploit in the next firmware release.

DJI could decide to open up the unit on their own but I sure wouldn't be holding my breath.

True, and this would be nice, but there are a lot of development hours in root exploits and the time tends to get spent on popular phone models with millions of users, not a boutique device like the P4P+. Also since P4P+ updates include an image of both the OS and application layer it would be easy for DJI to just patch any exploit in the next firmware release.

DJI could decide to open up the unit on their own but I sure wouldn't be holding my breath.
Personally I think it would be a waste of time and unlikely to happen, it is the only way though (and that was my point). The chances may improve depending on which manufacturer device it actually is (no way DJI designs tablets) as there may be an existing exploit that will run,

I tried several ways of getting around the 'no storage available' error when installing apk packages, was unsuccessful, then tried several common root exploits, no joy there either. I'm far from an expert, but the effort convinced me that unlocking the P4P+ is not going to be trivial. And again, if a method ever is published than DJI can just patch it at the next update. You could refuse to apply any updates but then you forego any new features or functionality or bug fixes, forever. Not acceptable.

Anything is possible, but I think anyone buying a P4P+ in the hope that it will someday be unlocked is going to be disappointed.

I tried several ways of getting around the 'no storage available' error when installing apk packages, was unsuccessful, then tried several common root exploits, no joy there either. I'm far from an expert, but the effort convinced me that unlocking the P4P+ is not going to be trivial. And again, if a method ever is published than DJI can just patch it at the next update. You could refuse to apply any updates but then you forego any new features or functionality or bug fixes, forever. Not acceptable.

Anything is possible, but I think anyone buying a P4P+ in the hope that it will someday be unlocked is going to be disappointed.
Agreed.... the P4P+ is a dud deal for anyone with an interest in 3rd party apps.

I myself would like to see something happen soon. Even if they just came up with an android version of their own GSP and put that in the next update. Maybe offer a trade in option for a P4P RC for the plus screen RC we all paid extra for. Still all in all a good flying Phantom. I actually enjoy flying my Mavic with a mini 4 and the Litchi app more than the P4P+.

I also made the mistake of purchasing a P4P plus before realizing it was a closed system. I ended up selling my p4p+ controller taking a regular p4p on trade. Since I already had purchased one I do have one (like new) available. $200 shipped if interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31