Install Firmware 1.1.9 Successfully

Jesus... I develop embedded fw since '90 and I never was so smart to invent a thing like that!!! [emoji33]

I would give... NOTHING. Absolute no reason for 99% of us to ever care to downgrade to 1.1.9

How's that 99% calculation holding up Steve? More and more people. New names, same firmware problem. Same broken record response from you. Keep up the good work

The percentage is staying the same for issues, with over 10,000 P3's sold every month your are going to hear more people with problems because for the most part the people without issue aren't here posting they are out flying, which is where I would be if it wasn't over 100º out side.

Reactions: Steve Moore
The hardware issue is a legit concern. But that too is only giving a few people trouble, and has a simple solution... don't remove the stupid SD Card. That a no-brainer anyway! The stability issue a few people are having isn't a firmware issue either I'm betting. If it were then it would his 100% of us. Its another issue with hardware. And I will stick to my bet that it has something to do with cold-IMU calibrations.
Nothing to do with cold calibration , I have most of the issues some are experiencing since the last update (flew great before it) I have tried both cold and room temp IMU calibration , all the same issues persist after both types.

Reactions: Brett_Meyer
Nothing to do with cold calibration , I have most of the issues some are experiencing since the last update (flew great before it) I have tried both cold and room temp IMU calibration , all the same issues persist after both types.

I hear ya.. It was just a hunch. Electronics, especially sensitive electronics, don't like rapid temperature changes. As it stands now, it looks like the erratic flight issues are tied mostly to the app installing poorly. Or thats what DJI is saying anyway.

When i see this kind of thread im happy i never updated from 1.1.9. :D
Oh yes the Wise one wait;)
My Second p3 came with 1.1.9 on it and it has never left . Why fix what aint broke I say
I do get tired of all the red warning on the app though
Maybe they really mean if I Update I will be red in the face:mad:

That makes sense, except that we have no idea where VPS processing is handled. If its Phantom centralized, then I agree.

I continue to believe that a lot of VPS board gone on the P3 are mostly defective for some hardware reason (sensors not in specification range? board decoupling at high frequency not compliant ? Position Camera software/hardware not compliant ? ).
The VPS sensor does use a sophisticated hardware feature because it has a dedicated FPGA that sample fastly a low resolution CMOS camera. How DJI interface VPS with main controller is not clear for me at the moment.

Last edited:
Well.. an easy test that someone WITH hover issues could do is simply come to an altitude where eratic flights starts, and turn off the controller. If its Phantom hardware based the erratic flight should not change at all. If it changes at all, or goes away then its the controller.

In case people needed more reason not to upgrade to 1.2.6. Maybe better take it from the horse's mouth rather than dozens of pilots, many experienced, which have had to ground our quads after updating...

Too bad nothing on their list refers to the main issues at hand. Why are they stalling? Roll back the firmware and call it a day. If these problems are apparent here on the forum, you better believe DJI knows about it. Stop stalling DJI, let us use our Phantom 3's that we paid **** good money for.

Phantom 3 1.2.6/1.2.8 Firmware Update Issues and Resolutions

At DJI we are dedicated to creating the world’s most advanced flying platforms and camera stabilization systems. This dedication extends to ourdesire to provide quality products that meet and exceed the needs of our customers.

Recently however, we have had reports of a number of issues arising from our latest firmware upgrade, specifically upgrading from 1.1.9 to 1.2.8 onthe Phantom 3 Advanced and from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6 on the Phantom 3 Professional. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and we are pleased to say that after extensive research and over 1000 flights, resolutions are now available. We would also like to extend a special thanks to users who reported the problems to us and assisted us as we worked on fixes.

If you have experienced any issues with your Phantom 3 Advanced or Phantom 3 Professional, please see below. If your issue is not below please let us know and we will work to resolve it as soon as we can.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl