Inspire tests with Adam Savage

K

Khudson7

OK, yes, I know, this is a phantom forum and this is a video about the Inspire. But(moderators, they did use a phantom to film the Inspire), I believe there must be a lot of people like me, on this forum that also have a bit of...Inspire...envy. So here is a video putting it through a number of tests;

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT5U9T9Uyok[/youtube]
(Yes, I am GREEN with envy!!!) :roll:

General is just a miscellaneous section. Many topics are not about Phantoms. Thanks for sharing :)

ianwood said:
I suspect the Inspire 2 will be a great product. While very impressive, this one has a number of issues.

I respect early adopters for this reason.. especially when we're talking $3k+.

I will be an inspire owner, just waiting on DJI to iron out the bugs.

as they demonstrated a few times in that video, having a separate controller/user for the camera can make you lose which direction your actually flying in. I'll stick with what i've got thanks

A paid talking head, I used to like mythbusters but one sold out. Good for them, now go away. Where's Jamie - he is to smart to be associated with his idiot sidekick outside the show.

I give DJI credit for totally ignoring their problems and just keep on promoting their products. The crazy part is that most of us have accepted this poor customer service because the products are better than most but DJI just never stops to under deliver. Once, if, there is any real competition I cant wait to see what happens to DJI because it will be to little and to late to believe them.

yeah, I thought it was kind of embarrassing to see those 2 alleged thrust worthy 'scientists' get their toys (in front of the audience!) just for telling that this technology has a future......"really?...can we take them home, are they for us?". Made me almost puke a little.

That said, it looks like it is the shape of DJI things to come and it looks pretty impressive. Still wonder why they rely on just 4 motors at such a high price. I would at least expect a bit of redundancy with 6. I would not risk 3000+ Euro over the lake with no redundancy in power or thrust, no way.

If the Inspire 1 technology is impressive, then who would show up at a media event, if invited, to accept an Inspire 1 ???

I would and care less about any diatribe spoken afterwards.

gbello23 said:
I will be an inspire owner, just waiting on DJI to iron out the bugs.

If you took this approach with the Phantom, youd still be eagerly waiting.

It actually works! I want a female voice in my P2. So sad......

Now make it go boom!

I love videos like that. I also wish the phantom talked too. Very cool.
The Inspire is really an amazing machine. Would love to get one down the road. !

PhantomFanatic said:
ianwood said:
I suspect the Inspire 2 will be a great product. While very impressive, this one has a number of issues.

Which are?

• iOS app yanked
  • IMU calibration problems
  • GPS dropouts
  • Weak airframe joints
  • Props flying off
  • CCW props not threading properly
  • Dark pixels
  • Camera sharpening issues
  • Camera color and latitude

I haven't been following along much on the Inspire, so I wonder if the body shake has been resolved...

Fyod said:
I haven't been following aling much on the Inspire, so I wonder if the body shake has been resolved...

Nope. I heard everytime an excited new user picks up an Inspire, their body still shakes.

lake_flyer said:
Still wonder why they rely on just 4 motors at such a high price. I would at least expect a bit of redundancy with 6. I would not risk 3000+ Euro over the lake with no redundancy in power or thrust, no way.

Likely to achieve longer flight times. I think a quad can fly longer than 6 or 8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers