Inspire 1 vs Phantom 2 V2 + Hero4 Black - Sample Video

Reaction score
I had some fun last night flying with Barry Blanchard and his pre-production Inspire 1. After seeing the system in person, I'm blown away. It's insane. The integrated Lightbridge is amazing and worked well over 6000ft with little to no break ups. I have a 600mw IRC system on my P2 and I had to turn around at 2km as I was loosing signal. The Inspire just kept going and going...
The quality of the camera is also amazing for the size. We watched the footage from the Inspire and then looked at the GoPro Hero4 4K footage and honestly, there was no comparison. The Inspire footage looked far more cinematic and clean.

Check out the video here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6Qr5aN8m4[/youtube]

Nice. You can see a difference. I enjoyed the quads videoing each other.

I do not have the impression the comparison is completely fear. I have the impresion the foutage of the Inspire was mostly with proper (back) light while that of the phantom mostly with disturbing (front) light.
Just an impression [emoji4]

I did not see a lot of (if any) Inspire footage. Plenty of P2 with GP4, but what footage was the Inspire's?

sdtrojan said:
I did not see a lot of (if any) Inspire footage. Plenty of P2 with GP4, but what footage was the Inspire's?
All footage that doesn't have an inspire in it(other than the one shot of shark fin) was shot with the inspire.

My impression of BOTH of them, like all small sensor and small lens sized cameras is that they have poor low light capability.... and the images are soft, very soft in the sunset video. For the price of an inspire I will staying with my modified GoPro (non-fisheye lens) on Phantom and other 'copters, no need to spend 3K for similar GoPro quality, in my humble opinion.

Thank you for the comparison…. The color profile on the inspire isn't very appealing to me. I much prefer the Hero4.
Perhaps it was color corrected that way, but I REALLY don't like the way the Inspire did the greens. And the Reds on the cliffs were WAAYYYYY too over saturated.

From the short and very limited clip posted, it looks like Insipire video is over saturated, like a cheap cell phone. I found the Gopro footage more appealing. Of course the Gopro was mostly facing sideways so there was very little to compare in this barely 2 minute video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4