Inspire 1 vs inspire 1 ver 2.0

Reaction score
Recently joined the forum, enjoy reading lots of new information, thank you!

While researching what to do with my wrecked P3P I'm considering moving up to a Inspire drone.
My wife is the photographer, I'm the geek who likes to fly stuff around... Seems like the combined operation would be ideal for our business.

I'm confused on what the differences are between the original Inspire 1 and the Inspire 1 ver 2.0. Or is there a difference? Is there an older Inspire out there? I'm likely going the used route so I need to know what to look out for when I'm shopping.

If somebody knows I'd also be interested to know what the upgrades are for the Inspire Pro/Raw, is it just the camera mount/lens style?

Thanks in advance.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I would suggest you ask you question at our sister site InspirePilots.com - DJI Inspire Forum

Reactions: Luisf
I found a thread pointing me to the inspire site right after I posted this question.

I appreciate the help and redundant direction.

Reactions: Adil J
I found a thread pointing me to the inspire site right after I posted this question.

I appreciate the help and redundant direction.
LOL, no problem. We both posted at the same time but I Ieft mine there as I was also welcoming you to the forum. ;)

Recently joined the forum, enjoy reading lots of new information, thank you!

While researching what to do with my wrecked P3P I'm considering moving up to a Inspire drone.
My wife is the photographer, I'm the geek who likes to fly stuff around... Seems like the combined operation would be ideal for our business.

I'm confused on what the differences are between the original Inspire 1 and the Inspire 1 ver 2.0. Or is there a difference? Is there an older Inspire out there? I'm likely going the used route so I need to know what to look out for when I'm shopping.

If somebody knows I'd also be interested to know what the upgrades are for the Inspire Pro/Raw, is it just the camera mount/lens style?

Thanks in advance.
The Inspire has upgraded motors which are about 16% more powerful and a bigger camera mount. Unless you plan on upgrading to the X5 or better camera its not really worth it for you. They both have the same flight time and camera. If you want anymore info please contact me on FB. I am Anthony Cirullo from Stow. I will gladly help you all I can.

I've flown both versions of the Inspire with the X5. Negligible difference. There's a lot more information on this at inspirepilots.com.

I've flown both versions of the Inspire with the X5. Negligible difference. There's a lot more information on this at inspirepilots.com.
That wasnt the question. I agree with you 110%. He wanted to know the difference between the Inspire 1 and the 2.0. I think you misread my comment. I told him that it wasnt important to spend the extra money on the 2.0 unless he planned on getting the X5.

Didn't misread it. You're saying he should only get v2 if he gets X5. I'm saying, X5 or not, v1 and v2 have no meaningful differences. Either are fine. Plenty of v1 Inspires flying X5 cameras perfectly well.

Didn't misread it. You're saying he should only get v2 if he gets X5. I'm saying, X5 or not, v1 and v2 have no meaningful differences. Either are fine. Plenty of v1 Inspires flying X5 cameras perfectly well.
Im not saying that it wont work and I actually basicall said the same thing but if someone plans to use it for professional purposes with the X5 it is a better option because of the camera mount in paticular. It is much larger and has a much greater dampening system.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1