Inspire 1 v2.0 battery problems

Reaction score
I would like to purchase an inspire 1v2, but I've heard they have a terrible battery issue? Any comments on this? and, is this a bad time to purchase maybe because a new version will be out in a month....

Which terrible issue are you referring to?

It's likely because they've sat on the shelf longer than other DJI aircraft. There are far fewer Inspire pilots. All DJI batteries will do this if they sit on a shelf for long enough.

Reactions: Mudcat
It's likely because they've sat on the shelf longer than other DJI aircraft. There are far fewer Inspire pilots. All DJI batteries will do this if they sit on a shelf for long enough.
I'm wondering how I can purchase this drone and be sure I'm going to receive new batteries?

You can buy an Inspire 1 V2 directly from DJI here. That's probably the best route if you're looking for the freshest stock.

Reactions: Mudcat
Okay, as an owner of the Inspire One.... The major issue with this drone is the battery life. BRUTAL! 12 mins.... Doesn't matter what you do. Battery warmer-ideal conditions-fly slow-fly fast etc... The batteries for real time videoing and getting into position 9 mins and 12 mins of flying before low battery (10%) warning.

Imagine chasing evening light. You need to be in the air to get that magical moment and then battery going gone.

DJI, how difficult can it be to at least give us 20 mins of flight time? For this single reason I wouldn't recommend this drone until this issue is fixed. Id love to hear you are releasing and replacing all owners current batteries. 10 in my case!

Last edited:
YES, ALL 10 OF THEM ARE TB48! Which makes the 20 min flight time even more ridiculous. I have no idea who test these dudes but as stated above the flight times are greatly misleading. For all this drones great features you'd think this would be the most important and basic need. Give us Phantom 4 life!

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right. I have TB47s and I get more than 10 minutes of flight time. Perhaps it's time to replace your batteries.

That doesn't sound right. I have TB47s and I get more than 10 minutes of flight time. Perhaps it's time to replace your batteries.

Funny! Priceless! These are brand new batteries. I might add I even fully charge them before flying lol.... And you get 10 mins of flight from the TB47's? That tells you something doesn't it? It means DJI put zero thought into the importance of flight time for the Inspire One. Who flys for 10 mins? The TB48's at best force you to land at 15 mins in LAB CONDITIONS. Tell them to hire Tesla or someone who can give us a legit flight batteries please.

Funny! Priceless! These are brand new batteries.
Why spend your time ranting and raving? Send them back immediately before it's too late. They are surely defective if you're not able to get more than 10 minutes of flight time on a fully charged battery.

And you get 10 mins of flight from the TB47's?
I can easily get more than 10 minutes of flight time on a TB47.

All ten defective? Nah, something is wrong with the entire structure of this battery. This is consistently the pattern of complaints from every Inspire One owner. You work for Phantom so protect your job. They don't write my checks. Go back and tell the lab dudes who give us these promises of over 20 mins of flight time for the TB48's that they are choking. Why rant and rave? Because Im a professional who has expectations and your product sucks until the battery issue is dealt with.

You work for Phantom so protect your job. They don't write my checks.
They don't write my checks either. I'm simply telling you that complaining here will get you nowhere fast. You should contact DJI support directly for help.

They don't write my checks either. I'm simply telling you that complaining here will get you nowhere fast. You should contact DJI support directly for help.

Sure it helps. It warns other professionals considering this drone to stay away. Then that translates to DJI who sees sales going down. They fix, sales go up. To all my adoring fans, don't buy this nonsense.

It sounds like you have defective batteries to me. I'm having a hard time believing all TB48s last a max of 10 minutes. Perhaps this is some kind of unique issue with TB48s though. I've only ever used TB47s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.