Inside my FC40

Reaction score
Finally got the guts and opened up my FC40 last night. I had a crash and broke the prop guard and I wanted to make sure nothing on the inside got broke. Anyway everything looked OK except there is a red wire that is attached to the motherboard with what looks like silicone and the other end attaches to nothing. Is it supposed to connect,what is it?

mrself58 said:
Finally got the guts and opened up my FC40 last night. I had a crash and broke the prop guard and I wanted to make sure nothing on the inside got broke. Anyway everything looked OK except there is a red wire that is attached to the motherboard with what looks like silicone and the other end attaches to nothing. Is it supposed to connect,what is it?

That's your aux power cable should you ever want to upgrade your phantom, you can use it to power all kinds of things. Glad to hear you bird is intact.

CarlJ said:
mrself58 said:

That's your aux power cable should you ever want to upgrade your phantom, you can use it to power all kinds of things. Glad to hear you bird is intact.

I can second what CarlJ said, it's your aux power.

CarlJ said:
mrself58 said:

Can somebody PLEASE post pics of this auxiliary cable????

I keep looking for it and am never sure which one it is.

rustysd said:
CarlJ said:
mrself58 said:

Can somebody PLEASE post pics of this auxiliary cable????

I keep looking for it and am never sure which one it is.

The aux power cable is located in one of the leg hole grommets (little round rubber thing with a slit in the middle). You can pull the wire out of the grommet with tweezers if you're careful. I had to open my case and push the cable thru.

This is a great video on opening the case, it's super easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjra00HaAwg

AuxPower_zpsb4b8f6ce.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj