Inserting Diopter Lenses in Fat Shark Attitude SD

Somebody posted something the other day about installing them backwards, and wanted to know how to remove them,
so evidently there is a wrong way to do it.

I would like to help, but I never got my Dominators. :(

If you look at the diopter lens there are two ridges near the edge of the long side of the lens. The ridges should face toward the goggles. I found the lenses fit so tight they were impossible to remove. To remedy that I carefully drilled a tiny hole in the tabs that have the numbers on them. I used a small pin vise to hold the bit and twisted slowly. It would not be wise to do that with a power drill.

Now if the lenses get difficult to remove, I use a small pick with the tip bent at 90 deg. and carefully hook the tip into the hole and gently until the diopter lens pops out.

You can usually find these picks in sets of four for less than $10 at most hardware stores. A good place to find the drill and bits is at a welding supply store. They sell them for cleaning torch tips.

OK, I'm stuck too. It appears that a section of the printed documentation is missing, it says "see below for instructions" but there doesn't seem to be any. It mentions removing an infrared filter first - I don't see where it is. The inner lens assembly sticks out just far enough to block the slot where the diopter lens should go, leading me to believe that the IR filter is behind (internal) to the lens assembly. Is there a diagram or tutorial that shows how these are supposed to be installed?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing this correctly myself! I see that ridge that you talk about, but the instructions say that the diopters should slide easily. If not, one should STOP. When I inserted mine, the numbers faced the front of the goggles - i.e., when I looked at them, the numbers appeared backwards and the tabs were on the edge closest to the nose.

Any comments??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4