Insane video. Failsafe nearly FAILS

haha wow!
Were you lucky!
incredible video though. Almost like you planned that from the start. Especially those last 2 trees.

You mentioned that you "activated RTH." How did you activate it? Shut off the Tx?

Ots said:
You mentioned that you "activated RTH." How did you activate it? Shut off the Tx?

No I configured my controller to activate failsafe when the top left switch is all the way down. Its easy to do with the free naza software on the DJI website.

Horrible feeling isn't it! lol Your face when you saw it come through those trees must have been priceless... even moreso when you first viewed the video!!!

Got to give it to DJI the RTH (although not perfect according to some) does what it should most of the time.

I had the same thing happen to me, lost LOS but in a I gained alt first through (more luck than judgement) and then activated RTH via TX off (i have since setup the switch in the assistant). I thought mine had gone forever even though i could hear it somewhere. Then I realised how I must have overcooked the 'emergancy ascent'. The Phantom appeared over my head VERY high up (man they climb fast!). Fortunatley the batt didn't die mid descent or i'd of found it by having it land on my skull from on high!

Of course looking back we could both have just gained height, flicked to homelock and pulled back until we saw it ;-) Easy to type, not so easy to remember when $1000 of kit just vanished from view :lol:

Glad you got luck with the trees... great vid.

DeweyAXD said:
Of course looking back we could both have just gained height, flicked to homelock and pulled back until we saw it ;-) Easy to type, not so easy to remember when $1000 of kit just vanished from view :lol:

Exactly! thought about the homelock option as well, but it was afterwards. Great tip though.

chad556 said:
Ots said:

No I configured my controller to activate failsafe when the top left switch is all the way down. Its easy to do with the free naza software on the DJI website.

Wow! that's one hell of a RTH trip!!!
sketchiest RTH Iv'e ever seen!

How far away were you trying to fly!@# :D

.. you meant you set the top right switch to failsafe,. as the left is for HL/CL. (or did you alter your Tx?)

I'm confused. I thought RTH was a straight-line maneuver. If you activated it over the field, what's the right turn over the street at 00:59 about?

Racklefratz said:
I'm confused. I thought RTH was a straight-line maneuver. If you activated it over the field, what's the right turn over the street at 00:59 about?

Nope, its not a straight line. In fact, it will often do a large circular flyover prior to landing.

chad556 said:
Nope, its not a straight line. In fact, it will often do a large circular flyover prior to landing.

I see. That's not what we're told to expect on pg 15 of the NAZA Quick Start Guide (item 2) -

smrthroute_zps899419c6.jpg

Odd indeed.

chad556 said:
Racklefratz said:

that's one I've never known!
the two times I've used RTH haven't been too far away, but in my cases it flew a straight line.

Gizmo3000 said:
the two times I've used RTH haven't been too far away, but in my cases it flew a straight line.

That mirrors my experience exactly. So, we do have a disconnect of some kind here. NAZA stuff says it will go straight home, this video shows it didn't.

chad556 said:
Racklefratz said:

My guess is he mistaken when failsafe occurred, it seems more likely it activated at 00:59, before that the quad was making too many changes including altitude, which if it were in RTH would have maintained the higher level.

BruceTS said:
My guess is he mistaken when failsafe occurred, it seems more likely it activated at 00:59, before that the quad was making too many changes including altitude, which if it were in RTH would have maintained the higher level.

That makes sense - from that point to "home" was straight-line. And at 00:59 or so, there was definitely some "NAZA logic" happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl