Input please: Which video edit software to use?

Reaction score
Newbie Phantom II pilot here, beginning to capture semi-decent footage with my GoPro.

Nexxxxxt ... I need to learn a software that will allow me to edit the file, lay down a music bed and such.

I need an intuitive, dummy-proof software that is almost paint-by-numbers easy to use.

Suggestions? Input welcome. :?:

Have a look at the free GoPro software. Not a "pro" package, but offers good results for minimal work.. It has templates that you can drop your video into

http://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-stu ... t-software

I have a video production company and use te Adobe suite but it's not cheap and not needed to put together some good phantom videos...

Hope this helps

If you are a Mac user, I'd suggest the Final Cut Pro X...it's "cheaper" than other competitors.

If you have Windows, I second the windows movie maker until you grow tired of its lack of options.

HeliTV,
Do you need GoPro footage to use that program or will any video work?

Happyflyer said:
HeliTV,
Do you need GoPro footage to use that program or will any video work?

Not sure - I'll have a look tomorrow and post back...

Just checked - looks like you can import non GoPro footage into GoPro Studio...

you can. you can't change the in and out points as you can with go pro native imports but once you've converted it to the avi format that go pro likes you can edit it the same in the editor

Bmews

As I've worked with most of the free and a few inexpensive editors, they all lack one very important thing.
Being able to totally edit the sound track separately from the video.
The ones that do have sound track editing features, only allow you to cut the sound across the board.
That is, no, you can not cut the native sound from the video and add your own.

I have used Video Edit Magic from deskhsare.com and that puppy can do it all!
It features 9 tracks. Not two.
Audio and video are edited independently.
The video not only does the standard transitions, but does picture in picture as well.
It also has the magical chroma key for "green screen" effects.

If you can afford it, get it if you're gonna do any serious video work.

@Suwaneeguy. Checked out Video Edit Magic at deskshare.com (Doesn't support MP4 - GoPro format) $69.95 USD
Noticed they also have Auto Movie Creator which supports MP4. $39.95 USD
What is your process from GoPro's MP4 format to choosing one of VEM's formats?

Okay, neighbors, just to get SOMEthing started, I down-loaded GoPro Studio edit software.

In the tutorial, first thing asked of me is to import my video file and convert it. I don't know how. Worse, I can't find anything that looks like the screen shown in the tutorial.

Advice anyone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj