Innovative Mod for Long Range FPV

PVFlyer said:
djscoutmaster said:
This is all Very Very interesting. Could you explain your process for then ssh into the pv2 camera? Also have you been able to retrieve gps info or intercept commands from the app? I'm looking for the ability for a second homegrown app to access similar info or duplicate info from the existing app and even act on it. Such as changing camera settings while the pilot focuses on flying or even Datalogging to look back and understand what happened.

The process used to hack Vision camera (initial firmware) is no long working on latest firmware. A friend of mine helps me to work on the latest firmware.

GPS data sending from P2V aircraft to Vision app is un-encrypted. You may setup a "proxy" and force network traffic routing through the proxy to log GPS data on either non-stock AP/repeater (probably need a USB port for thumb drive to store the log) or rooted Android.

Or just mod the app and store all the gps and control data -- there's no encryption.

Mod the app... I'm an iOS user I'm guessing that your referring to modifying the apk on android? Any guidance or direction on this?

I'm trying to do something similar here, which is to bypass the WiFi repeater and put my own network between the PV2 and the App.

What I found really interesting is that you can connect directly from the Phone App to the PV2... but only if the Repeater is on. This suggests that there is a handshake going on between the repeater and the PV2, even though the App seems to be bound to the PV2 MAC and SSID.

Both the Phantom_XXXXXX network and FC200_XXXXXX network accept incoming connections from anyone (eg a laptop), and it seems like the PV2 is 192.168.1.1 on the network and the Repeater is 192.168.1.2 on the network based on traffic that I can see. Has anyone cracked the passwords for root/admin/etc on either of these devices?

We managed to achieve and complete 50% of Stage 1, but it is built on Vision+ as my P2V went down into a pond weeks ago. The progress is under Vision+ forum per subject "Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range" under my signature. Vision+ basically implemented my Stage 2 requirements in the new Wifi module, thus Stage 2 is also completed at NO extra cost and weight.:lol: I'm now focusing on the remaining 50% of Stage 1.

Anyway, this software booster approach should also work for P2V with different parameters.

Hey guys,

I may or may not have ssh access to the camera. :) I would love to talk to other people who are working on similar stuff. Send me a private message!

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.