Inner and Outer London

I have been to Ally Pally and Hampstead Heath. I have alway flown above 100ft as not to disturb other people.

Welcome to the forum Kps

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom.

A golden rule is before you take off, always get permission from the landowner to do so.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: matt1221
Welcome to the forum Kps

If you have not already done so, check the CAA rules for flying UAV's.

Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). Click on the link to view their web site :-

British Model Flying Association

It costs £33 at the time of writing.

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom.

A golden rule is before you take off, always get permission from the landowner to do so.

You might like to try the following apps.

The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play

And :-

No Fly Drones

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Thanks very much for the welcome and all the useful info [emoji6]

I have been to Ally Pally and Hampstead Heath. I have alway flown above 100ft as not to disturb other people.

Oh that's great, anywhere specifically around Ally Pally? No one been chasing you?

If you fly towards Wood Green / Muswell Hill from the hill, you should be fine. And you will be well above people's houses, and no interference.
If you fly any where near the exhibition hall / BBC tower, the guard will come out and chase you away.

If you fly towards Wood Green / Muswell Hill from the hill, you should be fine. And you will be well above people's houses, and no interference.
If you fly any where near the exhibition hall / BBC tower, the guard will come out and chase you away.

Thanks very much for the tips [emoji6]

Before I moved up north I'd fly planes and helis at Purley Way, Croydon. There is a public free access flying area at Roundshaw Google Maps
Whenever I'm down that way (although not for 3 years now) I tend to fly there, good views of London on a clear day and CAA clear to fly. Watch out for other flyers there, often see some nice big 1/4 scale warbirds and helis.
Google Maps

Before I moved up north I'd fly planes and helis at Purley Way, Croydon. There is a public free access flying area at Roundshaw Google Maps
Whenever I'm down that way (although not for 3 years now) I tend to fly there, good views of London on a clear day and CAA clear to fly. Watch out for other flyers there, often see some nice big 1/4 scale warbirds and helis.
Google Maps

Thanks Paul, will defo check it on Saturday [emoji111]

Reactions: PaulSouthport
Google Maps
Blimey - I've not been there since the 70's with control line aircraft - but someone told me that, like many of the BMA Clubs, the traditional wing fliers there do not welcome quads. Be good to know if that's true or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: kpspecial
Blimey - I've not been there since the 70's with control line aircraft - but someone to me that, like many of the BMA Clubs, the traditional wing fliers there do not welcome quads. Be good to know if that's true or not.

That may be true, but it's a big space.... last few times I was there there were only a few other flyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers