initial tests by a beginner

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
IBWOvids

I recently did my first tests with a P3 Pro. Movies from these tests may be accessed at the above URL. During the first two tests, I simply took it straight up and then used the RTH button to bring it back down. During the second test, the GPS signal was apparently weak at first, and I had to make some lateral corrections in a light breeze. During the subsequent tests, I flew it horizontally while gradually gaining confidence. During the fifth test, I used landmarks to fly it to a grocery store, where two friends were waiting in the parking lot below. They heard it but couldn't see it. They appear getting out of a dark blue car that is located six spots into the parking lot. During the sixth test, there was a fairly strong breeze, but the flight went well. I am amazed by the stability and control of this platform and the crisp 4K video. It's as if the camera is mounted on a tripod. I live in a no-fly zone. I did a test to confirm that it won't start up in that area. I started out using my iPhone, but I just obtained an iPad Mini 2 that I really like.

In case anyone is interested in statistics, the maximum range of the fifth test was 3852 feet, the maximum speed was 36 mph, and the maximum altitude was 393 feet. The flight to the destination took 3:10. When I hit the return-to-home button at 5:35, the battery was at 77%. When it landed at 8:57, the battery was at 65%. I was extremely impressed with the capabilities of the P3 after this test flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic