infrared camera stream to tablet

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just opened and flew my DJI phantom for the the first time! what a machine.

I bought it for a security reason. in my area we have a lot of farm attacks, with families being murdered in their houses. i want to send my phantom after the attackers and find them in the bush with a infrared camera. then i will send the police and dog units in.

have any of you attached a infrared or night vision camera to the phantom. obviously it has to be a small camera with a transponder that sends a signal to my phone or tablet so i can watch live feed. i have a FC40 camera for day work but at night i am a bit stuck.

Please and direction would be appreciated. names of cameras, ideas, apps or suppliers of this would be great.

South Africa
W.M.

Mckwade said:
Hey Guys,

Just opened and flew my DJI phantom for the the first time! what a machine.

I bought it for a security reason. in my area we have a lot of farm attacks, with families being murdered in their houses. i want to send my phantom after the attackers and find them in the bush with a infrared camera. then i will send the police and dog units in.

have any of you attached a infrared or night vision camera to the phantom. obviously it has to be a small camera with a transponder that sends a signal to my phone or tablet so i can watch live feed. i have a FC40 camera for day work but at night i am a bit stuck.

Please and direction would be appreciated. names of cameras, ideas, apps or suppliers of this would be great.

South Africa
W.M.

Fluke Corp is a big maker of infrared http://en-us.fluke.com/ You might contact them and see if they can help. Good luck, what a way to live.

I have IR ability on my machine but it requires an illuminator (an IR light). It is the cheapest solution for IR but not very useful. It essentially mimics the IR home surveillance equipment (which also require IR lights). A true IR ability will cost a bit of money - the Fluke camera starts at over $2000 and is not Drone friendly. Getting the image to your tablet would require some work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl