Informing the people

Reaction score
All drone owners know what is going on... Drones are under attack and we need to do something. The FAA and the people have some crazy and obstruct ideas of what drone capabilities and motives are. I as a proud drone operator would like to get the drone community together and make a video informing the people about drones, who uses them, what we use them for, etc.. So I would like to write a 4-6 minute script informing people about drones, who uses them, why they are regulated and why the current regulations are to much and how commercial use for drones needs to change I need your help. I hope that with this video we could get people to understand drones, I've had one person come up to me and ask about my drone and they said one girl said she though she was going to get shot when she say it.. Obviously a drone 400-500 ft away and 200 ft up is not going to hurt you. I see this becoming more and more of an issue with people shooting drones, to people attacking drones, to people running from drones. I would like to get the best of the best drone operators and speakers together to write this script and be in this video. I am not the best drone operator my drone is in DJI repair but I am a great film maker here is my best work
(I'm the kid on the boat) as you can see I am young but I do have a passion for drones and I would like people to understand drones, the FAA change the law where I can go to a drone class and get a commercial license, I would like to fly my drone in national parks and I would like people not to think of the military when they think of drones. We might need a kick starter to advertise and move the production forward if anyone has experience please comment. So if anyone has some key points we should cover, has a decent camera and microphone and would like to be in the video, has a script wrote up or can contribute at all please comment below. Please share this thread with everyone you know with a drone. Thank you and fly safe.

Last edited:
Dang man...why you gotta make this so dag gone complicated?
lol
Sorry....I donated the 2nd half of my brain to science last month.
I was s'posed to get $60 bucks for it but now they're telling me I owe them?! wtf
Lol do you like my video idea?

Lol do you like my video idea?

Sure. Anything to help make people more aware should be good. But, consider talk radio. People only listen to what they want to hear so does it really ever change anything? Not saying it won't. Just consider all things. It would have to be engineered almost as appearing to be against drones, to draw in the haters, then cleverly lead them in the right direction if you know what I mean?

Sure. Anything to help make people more aware should be good. But, consider talk radio. People only listen to what they want to hear so does it really ever change anything? Not saying it won't. Just consider all things. It would have to be engineered almost as appearing to be against drones, to draw in the haters, then cleverly lead them in the right direction if you know what I mean?
Yea I was gonna title it "The truth about drones" then start with a quote like "A drone is like a car, its a weapon..."

How about "a drone is like a gun, in the wrong hands it can be dangerous".....then slowly go into the BENEFITS of having a gun / drone?
Most people associate with their cars in a familiar, useful, positive object....no?

How about "a drone is like a gun, in the wrong hands it can be dangerous".....then slowly go into the BENEFITS of having a gun / drone?
Most people associate with their cars in a familiar, useful, positive object....no?
Yea, people compare guns to cars like their both dangerous so yea a gun is like a drone. Is the title good and is English your first language?

It couldn't hurt my Friend!! I Do know exactly what your talking about. The problem isn't about making the general public more comfortable, which they are NOT. That's due to people being paranoid, and possibiy having something to hide?!?! Idk. I do know that there is a reasonably Large amount of people that think drone owners are just a bunch of "Peeping Toms" due to a FEW BAD APPLES. There are Good, and bad intentions when it comes to ANYTHING. Most of us could CARE LESS about looking at anyone, or anything that they have going on. From what I've seen, and Read most of us are just interested in taking off and landing without incident at first, then understanding the app, and attempting to master all of its capabilities. In a way it's kind of like someone playing a video game that just loves the challenge. Once we've reached a point to where where relatively comfortable with our flying skills, we then Notice the incredible wonder in actually performing skilled photography, and capturing the beauty in nature, and architecture from a bird's eye view. 99% of us could "CARE LESS" to fly down a nude beach, and look at a bunch of naked ANTS!!! I used to live way back in the woods, but recently there has been over 100 houses built surrounding my property. I have flown over every single one of my neighbors houses, and the last thing on my mind has been taking 1/2 of a second to look at what they're doing. I'm basically just homing my skills, so I can perform as flawlessly as possible when it comes time to make that movie quality video we have all wanted to make, but never had the ability to do so. Not to mention actually being able to take that picture we could have only dreamed of before. I've been flying RC aircraft since I was 8 years old, and I remember thinking as a kid how amazing it would be if I could put my dads camcorder on top of my cadet junior, and just see what it looks like to be in the pilots seat. I'm starting to ramble. My point is when it comes to me flying my Phantom, they NOT need flatter themselves with thinking that anyone is "MY POINT of INTEREST". Now when it comes down to any MORON being able to walk in a store, and buy a reasonably heavy UAV, it kind of freaks me out. We all know how dangerous it can be if someone just doesn't care to take the time, and do all of the implemented safety measures necessary in order to fly safely. That being said I'm not exactly sure what the criteria should be in order to purchase A real class A UAV in the future?? I need some time to think about it. We need to figure out some course of action that keeps everyone safe including ourselves, but doesn't throw so many restrictions on the hobby / profession to where we're not able to fly anywhere Other than a COW PASTURE if we are Lucky. I Do think the drone community needs to start being proactive instead of just sitting around and waiting on people that have no experience with drones whatsoever to make the laws. We all know that you cannot make an informed decision on something you have zero experience with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Flying over 400 Ft can be, and IS Dangerous, ESPECIALLY if your anywhere in the vicinity of an Airport. No matter How Tempting it is!! We have to except the fact that a collision with any type of airplane could calls loss of life, and that is something that I personally could not live with. On the other hand if you are in the middle of a totally rural area that hasn't got a Airport within 100 miles, I don't personally see what a few hundred extra feet could hurt as long as you never lose line of sight, but I do not make the laws. I suppose setting the 400 foot Max altitude as a rock solid standard keeps the possibility for airplane collision accidents down to a minimum. Last but not least you have the issue of REALLY BAD PEOPLE getting their hands on one of these. I know that it was one of the first things that crossed my mind within the first week of owning just a phantom 3. I couldn't help, but pray to God that someone doesn't use one of these in a bad way if you know what I mean:/ Let us ALL join hands, and Pray that someone doesn't!!! If WE Do Not figure out a way to Regulate "WHO" is flying these (Instead) of just Creating a Bunch of "REGULATIONS" it is just a matter of time before someone REALLY makes us ALL look BAD. Then, WE are ALL GROUNDED!!!! And that my Friend will SUCK!!! Y'all think about it. Who does the world need to worry about?? "US" The people that obey the Law, and complain about too many rules, and No fly Zones?? Or the people that do not Care at All, and never say a word untill they take credit for hateful Acts, against humanity??? It's not the "Drones", its the "BAD APPLES" we All need to worry about. In my opinion there needs to be some way of attempting to make sure these do not get in the wrong hands. I know what you're thinking, and that is how in the world do we know who is OK, and who would be a risk??? The truth is I don't know the answer to that question especially at the moment, but that's my opinion on the subject, or two cents so to speak. Happy, Safe Flying, and God Bless!!

It couldn't hurt my Friend!! I Do know exactly what your talking about. The problem isn't about making the general public more comfortable, which they are NOT. That's due to people being paranoid, and possibiy having something to hide?!?! Idk. I do know that there is a reasonably Large amount of people that think drone owners are just a bunch of "Peeping Toms" due to a FEW BAD APPLES. There are Good, and bad intentions when it comes to ANYTHING. Most of us could CARE LESS about looking at anyone, or anything that they have going on. From what I've seen, and Read most of us are just interested in taking off and landing without incident at first, then understanding the app, and attempting to master all of its capabilities. In a way it's kind of like someone playing a video game that just loves the challenge. Once we've reached a point to where where relatively comfortable with our flying skills, we then Notice the incredible wonder in actually performing skilled photography, and capturing the beauty in nature, and architecture from a bird's eye view. 99% of us could "CARE LESS" to fly down a nude beach, and look at a bunch of naked ANTS!!! I used to live way back in the woods, but recently there has been over 100 houses built surrounding my property. I have flown over every single one of my neighbors houses, and the last thing on my mind has been taking 1/2 of a second to look at what they're doing. I'm basically just homing my skills, so I can perform as flawlessly as possible when it comes time to make that movie quality video we have all wanted to make, but never had the ability to do so. Not to mention actually being able to take that picture we could have only dreamed of before. I've been flying RC aircraft since I was 8 years old, and I remember thinking as a kid how amazing it would be if I could put my dads camcorder on top of my cadet junior, and just see what it looks like to be in the pilots seat. I'm starting to ramble. My point is when it comes to me flying my Phantom, they NOT need flatter themselves with thinking that anyone is "MY POINT of INTEREST". Now when it comes down to any MORON being able to walk in a store, and buy a reasonably heavy UAV, it kind of freaks me out. We all know how dangerous it can be if someone just doesn't care to take the time, and do all of the implemented safety measures necessary in order to fly safely. That being said I'm not exactly sure what the criteria should be in order to purchase A real class A UAV in the future?? I need some time to think about it. We need to figure out some course of action that keeps everyone safe including ourselves, but doesn't throw so many restrictions on the hobby / profession to where we're not able to fly anywhere Other than a COW PASTURE if we are Lucky. I Do think the drone community needs to start being proactive instead of just sitting around and waiting on people that have no experience with drones whatsoever to make the laws. We all know that you cannot make an informed decision on something you have zero experience with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Flying over 400 Ft can be, and IS Dangerous, ESPECIALLY if your anywhere in the vicinity of an Airport. No matter How Tempting it is!! We have to except the fact that a collision with any type of airplane could calls loss of life, and that is something that I personally could not live with. On the other hand if you are in the middle of a totally rural area that hasn't got a Airport within 100 miles, I don't personally see what a few hundred extra feet could hurt as long as you never lose line of sight, but I do not make the laws. I suppose setting the 400 foot Max altitude as a rock solid standard keeps the possibility for airplane collision accidents down to a minimum. Last but not least you have the issue of REALLY BAD PEOPLE getting their hands on one of these. I know that it was one of the first things that crossed my mind within the first week of owning just a phantom 3. I couldn't help, but pray to God that someone doesn't use one of these in a bad way if you know what I mean:/ Let us ALL join hands, and Pray that someone doesn't!!! If WE Do Not figure out a way to Regulate "WHO" is flying these (Instead) of just Creating a Bunch of "REGULATIONS" it is just a matter of time before someone REALLY makes us ALL look BAD. Then, WE are ALL GROUNDED!!!! And that my Friend will SUCK!!! Y'all think about it. Who does the world need to worry about?? "US" The people that obey the Law, and complain about too many rules, and No fly Zones?? Or the people that do not Care at All, and never say a word untill they take credit for hateful Acts, against humanity??? It's not the "Drones", its the "BAD APPLES" we All need to worry about. In my opinion there needs to be some way of attempting to make sure these do not get in the wrong hands. I know what you're thinking, and that is how in the world do we know who is OK, and who would be a risk??? The truth is I don't know the answer to that question especially at the moment, but that's my opinion on the subject, or two cents so to speak. Happy, Safe Flying, and God Bless!!

I'm not sure about not allowing the bad apples to get drones because background checks would be the outcome and I think that would be insane. Don't mind our quote but treating a drone like a gun would be insane I think the FAA should let the people vote or only people that have flown drones. I would be happy with a mandatory safety class but not background checks since I have a speeding ticket I can't have a drone. There is a serious problem with the laws right now since this is now consumer technology. I hope with this video we will make a difference with laws and regulations. I hope we can get ride of the "drone paranoia".

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jack1926

Well, we might as well have a background check to walk into the supermarket where there are other people, cause we might be crazy and do something stupid. A background check will never stop the crazy people. Never! You don't have the answer to that question about how to keep crazy people from buying a drone or anything for that matter. It is not possible. Should we take all drones away from people because a few people have made bad decisions flying them? Doesn't make sense. The automobile is a killer of people, but we don't stop people from driving them. We don't take them away from them. Only if they can't stop drinking and driving. We would have stopped the loons who shoot people from having guns already if we knew how. Fact is... we don't! The majority of people are law abiding citizens and the more laws and regulations put on guns, drones etc. does nothing but stop the law abiding citizens from enjoying their sports. It does nothing to stop the loons.

Last edited:
Well, we might as well have a background check to walk into the supermarket where there are other people, cause we might be crazy and do something stupid. A background check will never stop the crazy people. Never! You don't have the answer to that question about how to keep crazy people from buying a drone or anything for that matter. It is not possible. Should we take all drones away from people cause a very few people have made bad decisions flying them? Doesn't make sense. The automobile is a killer of people, but we don't stop people from driving them. We don't take them away from them. Only if they can't stop drinking and driving. We would have stopped the loons from having guns already if we knew how. Fact is... we don't!
True it would be pointless there isn't anyway expect taking the drones away from people when they screw up

True it would be pointless there isn't anyway expect taking the drones away from people when they screw up

Exactly. If we do that, take a way drones, guns, automobiles, baseball bats, kitchen knives, we might as well live in an authoritarian communist nation like Russia, China, or North Korea. Best to get the message out about what good drones do like rescue, not having to send a man to a dangerous place without scoping it out with a drone first. The military sends drones much of the time now instead of a manned aircraft. The police use drone robots to go into a place and/or up to an unidentified item to check it out first. Why can't everyday Americans have a drone to fly and enjoy, take pictures etc. And, in the outdoors, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. So, if you are outside sunbathing nude and a drone accidentally catches a view. So, be it, nudity is not against the law but neither is taking pictures of anything outside.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Exactly. If we do that, take a way drones, guns, automobiles, baseball bats, kitchen knives, we might as well live in an authoritarian communist nation like Russia, China, or North Korea. Best to get the message out about what good drones do like rescue, not having to send a man to a dangerous place without scoping it out with a drone first. The military sends drones much of the time now instead of a manned aircraft. The police use drone robots to go into a place and/or up to an unidentified item to check it out first. Why can't everyday Americans have a drone to fly and enjoy, take pictures etc. And, in the outdoors, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. So, if you are outside sunbathing nude and a drone accidentally catches a view. So, be it, nudity is not against the law but neither is taking pictures of anything outside.

Yea don't sunbath in your front yard if you don't want to be see! Do you have any ideas this video were going to make?

Yea don't sunbath in your front yard if you don't want to be see! Do you have any ideas this video were going to make?

Nothing more than what I already said about informing people about the good drones can be used for. What it requires is a PR campaign which usually takes money to get it out there en mass. Your idea is noble, but unless it reaches the masses, it may not be very effective. I don't however, want to stop your passion or your idea. Keep up the good work and go get em. You may be more effective than I can imagine.
[EDIT] But, YouTube is a great place to start or Facebook etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl