Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

INFO ON STILL PHOTOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slim whitey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. slim whitey

I have a vision 2. I had the lens replaced to eliminate the fisheye effect. Is this necessary with the newer cameras? There is a lot of info about video, not much about stills.

2. Moonlight

Can you help me with info about how to replace the lens? Where to buy compatible ones and any modify of other components etc.. thanks! Mine is P2V, so a FC200 dji camera. Tks. I dislike fisheye. Have to use software to correct it every time. And resulting file size much bigger :(

#2 Moonlight, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  3. sprung

i would be glad to sell you my camera. the camera seems to be broken but the lens is great. i bought it at rage cam. quite expensive. is is easy to install. its not quite a wide as the stock lens, but it does not require correction.

4. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea...piece of cake to change alright ! Just don't mess up :eek:
    200.jpg

5. Moonlight

Hi sprung, as long as the lens module is a direct swap in place of the stock fc200 lens and no other tweaks needed, please let me know how much you ask for it? Yeah, I saw ragecam's price is outrageous if the only part need change is the lens itself... The cost of the lens would be very very low I would imagine. The labor? I can DIY :). Pls. Give me a quote. Tks sprung.

6. MikeON

I think the original question was whether the cameras on the newer Phantoms are fisheye or not. The Phantom 3 has a rectilinear (non-fisheye) lens. The Phantom 2 Plus is fisheye.

7. sprung

thanks, thats what i needed to know