Infinity Hobby metal arm plates

Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of discussion about arm reinforcement plates on these forums. I've read most of them.
Most seem to be using the plastic arm plates from UAV bits. I was wondering what do you think of the metal alloy plates from inifinity hobby: Infinity Hobby

You think metal ones are better than plastic?
I have a relatively new P3P with only a few flights on them., its the one with the new shell version. While i have no cracks or anything im thinking of being proactive and perhaps putting the arm plates? Any suggestions?
thanks

No definite cause is yet known for the stress cracks to appear on arms. As most of the cracks are near the mounting screws, it is assumed that excessive stresses either during initial mounting of motors or due the sudden loads on motors are responsible to create these cracks. Material or mounting quality checks are also questioned.

Mounting the screws through a plate will definitely reduce the possibilities of cracks. One can use plastic or a metal plate, both should be ok if made to the correct dimensions and right screws with correct torques are then used.

Thanks for the answers. Your posts have been most useful on these forums.

I think that for the $30.00, I'll save half on the UAV bits. But honestly, the aluminum wouldn't allow the screws to sink in to them and seal like the plastic ones do... Not that it's a problem but I didn't feel the need. I just ordered these for my new P3P, my P3A's arm was saved by these in a crash, so I put them on first thing and I am a true believer. Now they come with the motor covers and honestly, I really like the covers now that I have them.
Amazon.com: Strong Arm Reinforcement & Motor cap: Toys & Games

Reactions: fastsmiles
So are the UAV plats stiff enough to offload some stress from the arms? I heard the carbon fiber version was very flexible..

How do you guy recommend is the best way to cut/melt the foam in the DJI case to make room for the arms to fit with the reinforcement plates on them... Dremmel, some sort of hot knife or something else?

i plan on just using nail polish on the screws. I think that should be ok?

Im still debating if i should get these or not. My p3p is relatively new, only a few flights on it. I have no cracks right now. but I want to be pro active if i can be to try to prevent issues in the future.
im leaning towards the metal arm plates from infinity hobby though and not the 3d printed ones from UAV bits. Thoughts?

I don't think you should use nail polish either. It's acetone, I think. It eats plastic. Double check that. There is a locktite for plastic if you feel you need it, but check it out first.

I don't think you should use nail polish either. It's acetone, I think. It eats plastic. Double check that. There is a locktite for plastic if you feel you need it, but check it out first.
Nail polish will not hurt the plastic. I've tested it for over 9 months now.

i plan on just using nail polish on the screws. I think that should be ok?
Don't use any nail polish or locktite. Leave them as they are. Check for tightness once a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31