infinity hobby metal arm plates how tight to do the screws?

Reaction score
just fitted the infinity hobby arm plates. im wondering how tight I should do the screws up. also does anyone know if the Loctite used by DJI is ok? as when I removed the screws I noticed some dropping onto the plastic in the screw holes. I removed all of the bits I think.

just fitted the infinity hobby arm plates. im wondering how tight I should do the screws up. also does anyone know if the Loctite used by DJI is ok? as when I removed the screws I noticed some dropping onto the plastic in the screw holes. I removed all of the bits I think.
I have the aluminum strong arms, and when I installed them I did notice some blue thread lock on the screws also. When I installed mine I did not use any thread lock (loctite), because some people say u can use it and some say don't use it. Anyway I didn't and have flown a bunch of times and have checked the screws and all were still tight. As far as how tight you should tighten them, I tightened mine up by hand being careful to tighten in a Cross pattern so you distribute the force of the screws evenly, snuggle up tight and then go fly. You can check them after every flight if that makes you feel better about not using Loctite but you probably don't have to check it that often they will stay tight without Loctite. Btw, they make great heat sink as well, and they look good on the bird..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: cypher007
I was worried about the DJI thread lock getting onto the plastic, but I assume they are using the safe stuff. I used the supplied tool to tighten the screws using the long arm but only pressing with one finger near the right angle.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1