Infinity Hobby Arm Reinforcements Review

Reaction score
Having spent a few days with these I can say that I am initially very impressed.
Total cost including shipping was $37 so they are on the expensive side but seem very well made.
The material used is aluminum and the gold color goes well with the P3P theme (I noticed silver was available for the P3A).
The kit includes all the screws and a T8 wrench to remove the original hardware.
You will need a T6 and a T8 torx to perform the install because the kit's screws for the 2 inner shell connections use a T6.
I will note here that those 2 inner screws seem to be the source of most the cracks and indeed have been where both my W323A and W323B shells have had the issue. The factory screws on the W323B were NOT over tight from the factory as some have theorized is the cause but was not the case here.
The kit does not indicate if loctite should be used and I decided not to because of the previous posts regarding plastic deterioration opting to simply check them from time to time

I have not noticed any decrease in battery life with the slight added weight nor does the material seem to have an effect on the RF signal.

IMG_3012.JPG IMG_3014.JPG IMG_3012.JPG IMG_3014.JPG IMG_3016.JPG IMG_3015.JPG IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG IMG_3022.JPG IMG_3021.JPG

They really look awesome. & Match the Pro gold stickers... ;-)
Hopefully they work as good as they appear... Sweet.

RedHotPoker

Does anyone know if someone is manufacturing something like these that
are also removable prop guard mounts? I have removable prop guards and the
bases that attach to the Phantom are made of plastic. Why can't they kill two birds
with one stone and have both incorporated into one ?? I would think that the aluminum
arm reinforcements would also help dissipate heat from the motors.

I did read on some description when I was looking at getting these they help with heat. At least that was one of the selling points. I'm still iffy about buying them. I haven't had any cracks and I'm hesitant about messing with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Having spent a few days with these I can say that I am initially very impressed.
Total cost including shipping was $37 so they are on the expensive side but seem very well made.
The material used is aluminum and the gold color goes well with the P3P theme (I noticed silver was available for the P3A).
The kit includes all the screws and a T8 wrench to remove the original hardware.
You will need a T6 and a T8 torx to perform the install because the kit's screws for the 2 inner shell connections use a T6.
I will note here that those 2 inner screws seem to be the source of most the cracks and indeed have been where both my W323A and W323B shells have had the issue. The factory screws on the W323B were NOT over tight from the factory as some have theorized is the cause but was not the case here.
The kit does not indicate if loctite should be used and I decided not to because of the previous posts regarding plastic deterioration opting to simply check them from time to time

I have not noticed any decrease in battery life with the slight added weight nor does the material seem to have an effect on the RF signal.

View attachment 60475 View attachment 60476 View attachment 60477 View attachment 60480 View attachment 60481 View attachment 60482 View attachment 60478

View attachment 60479 View attachment 60483 View attachment 60484

I have these in silver for my p3p. I didn't have any stress cracks when I install them, but I figured better safe than sorry, and they look great. I haven't experimented with testing the temperature of the motors with the aluminum strong arms but I definitely think they do work as a heat sink and keep the motors cooler. I have flown three batteries in a row in 90° weather and every time I land to change batteries I would feel the temperature of the motors and the strong arm, and they are pretty much the same temp, not hot at all. If somebody else is using these aluminum strong arms can measure the temperature accurately I would really like to know if the motors are running cooler, IMOP they do keep them cooler, and worth every penny..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have these in silver for my p3p. I didn't have any stress cracks when I install them, but I figured better safe than sorry, and they look great. I haven't experimented with testing the temperature of the motors with the aluminum strong arms but I definitely think they do work as a heat sink and keep the motors cooler. I have flown three batteries in a row in 90° weather and every time I land to change batteries I would feel the temperature of the motors and the strong arm, and they are pretty much the same temp, not hot at all. If somebody else is using these aluminum strong arms can measure the temperature accurately I would really like to know if the motors are running cooler, IMOP they do keep them cooler, and worth every penny..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Could you tell me where you bought them? I couldn't find them for sale on the Infinity Hobby Website...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can buy them from Infinity Hobby here.

I have these on my P3P in silver and after today's flight I have a crack. I have owned my P3 for 8 months and 98 flights.

6B5C5EB7-2BCB-4221-9CF1-D88AC2BEA049.jpg

Infinity Hobby's web site for these Reinforcement Arms has an installation video where they recommend to use Loctite.
Really?
Both the Red and Blue versions of Loctite have the following disclaimer on their web site:

NOT Recommended For
  • Use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result
------------
With such a potentially dangerous recommendation, I am hesitant to buy anything from them.

Thanks msinger. Bluer101: did you go easy on the 2 center side screws when tightening? I assume so but was just curious.

I have these on my P3P in silver and after today's flight I have a crack. I have owned my P3 for 8 months and 98 flights.

6B5C5EB7-2BCB-4221-9CF1-D88AC2BEA049.jpg

How long have the reinforcements been on?

Thanks msinger. Bluer101: did you go easy on the 2 center side screws when tightening? I assume so but was just curious.

I removed them the other night when I was going to send my P3 to DJI. After giving it thought I'm not sending it in since I still have warranty and it's only the top.

After putting the reinforcements back on I noticed the metal piece for those 2 screws does not go all the way in to the plastic. So yes, this might of helped this crack. If no one else got cracks than I would blame them totally.

So this time I put the 4 motor screws in first as they are flush in the holes. Then I put the 2 other screws in until they were flush with the metal plate.

As when I installed them 3 months ago I used a little clear nail polish as locktite on the screw ends only.

I flew last night no issues either. Just going to enjoy the heck out of it.

I just looked at the phantom and the crack is very hard to see now after re installing the plates.

How long have the reinforcements been on?

About 3 months.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj