Inexpensive antenna extender

The link you gave is for the STANDARD model. What model do you have?

Just make sure you are capable of opening up the controller and making mods to it. If you do it right you won't void the warranty. Fairly easy, just gotta be really careful of the data ribbons and such.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I do have a P3 Standard. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on the installation of range extenders. It's certainly within my means.

The ones in the link I posted are about half the cost of the ARGTek antennae. Sure don't want to waste money on them if they are junk.

Researched a lot of those when I had the standard and bought the argtec about 50$ best for price there's a dbs at double that...
Terrible range problems on mine went 100m plus and it would activate rth...contacted dji told me to re calibrate , tx, Imu, then it suddenly wouldn't connect at all...sent it back to Amazon .
I've paid 2.5 times as much for the p4 which has miles of range why give the standard so little, I doont understand...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

When you start spending money and time on these things it's better just to get a lightbridge p3 or 4 ..I found the tx on standard toy like and so weak the signal , weak battery, 100metres or 3 miles that's the difference and no in between , unfortunate decision from dji , they have their reasons

The stuff from FPVLR looks like it came right out of an old Buck Rogers film. Cool!

I spend WAY too much on motorcycles and cars. I'm hoping to keep this hobby inexpensive.

I went with the argtek and have gone 7600ft and still had signal just got scared and turned around.either the argtek or dbs will give you good results,if you go with argtek get the real one not the Chinese knockoff also the new kits come with a total of 6 antennas so you can chose which one fits your flying style.i have yet to see anyone review both systems at the same place on the same p3 so no real world comparison other than such and such is way better only because they bought one.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJ soulforce reviews them both, the square middle antenna is directional range and the big stick middle 10dbi one is omni for greater angle

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I finally got around to ordering an antenna set up. This one straight on a slow boat from China. Hope it's here by spring!

Antenna Refitting Signal Booster Amplifier Extend Rang For DJI Phantom3 Standard | eBay
I finally got around to ordering an antenna set up. This one straight on a slow boat from China. Hope it's here by spring!

Antenna Refitting Signal Booster Amplifier Extend Rang For DJI Phantom3 Standard | eBay
Looks a lot like my Argtek system, but less expensive. It definitely helps out a P3s.

When you start spending money and time on these things it's better just to get a lightbridge p3 or 4 ..I found the tx on standard toy like and so weak the signal , weak battery, 100metres or 3 miles that's the difference and no in between , unfortunate decision from dji , they have their reasons
My standard is not TOY like, it went 1000 meters out of the box, no mods. After adding just a DBS, 3000 meters, and that's still a few hundred $ less then the Advance model. Weak battery ?? One charge on the remote battery is good for many flights, maybe eight or more. Also one thing your not realizing, that modding is a hobby into itself. My P3S can go to 5000 meters now with ease, and all done with my own two hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen