Indoor flying with. Phantom 3standard

Reaction score
Had my first flight with my new phantom3S last night in a double gym. Much to my delight it flew perfectly holding altitude with only a slight bit of control to stop it from drifting. There is not a lot of information out there on using a phantom 3 standard indoors . Just put the toggle switch on the right hand side in the middle position and I would suggest that if you are not familiar with flying a quad opted indoors that you go out a buy a cheap one and learn to fly it indoors first. Because I have been flying other quads indoors for a bout four years I had no problems with the phantom . It is very stable even without gps system to hold its position . The pictures I took were crystal clear and I am looking forward to warmer weather to fly it outdoors.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're not flying over 10 feet, you could use VPS for some added stabilization. You'll need to be in P mode though. It's not activated when in A mode.

Does the Standard have VPS? I thought that was just on the Adv. and Pro.

The only trouble I ran into flying my P3A in a gym last week was that I kept getting an error saying the compass needed to be calibrated.

Nope. The Phantom 3 Standard is the only Phantom 3 model that does not have VPS.

If you're not flying over 10 feet, you could use VPS for some added stabilization. You'll need to be in P mode though. It's not activated when in A mode.
Does the Standard have VPS? I thought that was just on the Adv. and Pro.

You would be correct, generaltso. Only the Advanced, Professional, and 4K (and Inspire 1/1 Pro) have VPS. The Standard does not.

I had the same compass warning and all I had to do was move the transmitter away from the phantom and it cleared. And no it doesn't haveVPS. The barometer meter is used in place of the gps and it works quite well. As I said before it would be a good idea to have flight time on a cheaper quad flying indoors before you try flying the phantom it will give you practice in actually flying a quad copter. Anyone can fly the phantom outdoors but to fly a quad copter without gps is an entirely different ball game.

I had the same compass warning and all I had to do was move the transmitter away from the phantom and it cleared. And no it doesn't haveVPS. The barometer meter is used in place of the gps and it works quite well. As I said before it would be a good idea to have flight time on a cheaper quad flying indoors before you try flying the phantom it will give you practice in actually flying a quad copter. Anyone can fly the phantom outdoors but to fly a quad copter without gps is an entirely different ball game.

Do I still need to perform any compass calibration if I am going to fly in doorsA??

Do I still need to perform any compass calibration if I am going to fly in doorsA??
The compass always needs to be calibrated -- no matter where you're flying. There is no need to recalibrate it each time you fly though. See more details here.

Reactions: Azmopic

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj