Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Indoor filming of an audition

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by doomclam, May 7, 2016.

1. doomclam

I recently had the privilege of filming a friend's audition. This is one of the songs. **** drone wouldn't hold position at all, even with VPS on and off. Got some good stuff though. Comments welcome.

2. alokbhargava

Best thing here is that music is absolutely in sync with the video. How did you do it?

I don't think you wanted drone to capture this video as you were not really flying high, you could have used any other good video camera. You are right, phantom is moving around. Is light and floor textured enough for VPS cam to work properly?

3. doomclam

The second Nikon recorded audio, it was pretty easy to sync them up in Vegas. The drummer is wearing in-ear monitors and is playing along to the exact same track.

He specifically asked for the drone to film it because he likes the style. I was thinking it probably wasn't a textured enough floor, it's just kind of a blah gray. I haven't done much VPS flying so I didn't think about it too much.

4. doomclam

I was speculating that the magnets in the speakers might have confused the compass, but none were within six feet.