Indianapolis proposal to ground drones

Proposing a moratorium on drone use for several months while they kick it around and then discover they have not much authority? Ha! If my studies on this website serve me, they can probably limit where you can takeoff/land with respect to public property, but according to my boy Peter Sachs they have no authority in the air. Glad I don't live in the People's Republic of Indianapolis, an otherwise fine city.

The story continues to perpetuate the 400 foot myth as well. They are going to have a big issue in defining the difference between a "drone" and a model aircraft. Since Congress has already specifically authorized hobby/recreational operation of sUAS up to 55 pounds under the programming of a CBO the proposed ordinance has some significant hurdles. Plus, they are right in the AMA's backyard. This should be fun to watch!!

"Is it possible that we would create an additional beaucracy layer over the drone regulations - and that's what we want to avoid"
Someone needs to buy this guy a Phantom for Christmas - he'll probably need lessons too.

Section 4 of his proposal shows where he's coming from ... he has visions of anti-personnel drones
SECTION 4: That the City-County Council of Indianapolis and Marion County support efforts in the Indiana General Assembly, and the United States Congress to enact legislation (1) prohibiting information obtained from the domestic use of drones from being introduced into a federal or state court without a proper warrant and (2) precluding the domestic use of drones equipped with anti-personnel devices (meaning any projectile, chemical, electrical, directed-energy), or other device designed to harm, incapacitate, or otherwise negatively impact a human being.

In other news Indianapolis city council committee for investigating the use of the horseless carriage ......

What a maroon.

He is a Moron also :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub