Incredible 5+ mile flight of the Phantom 3

Yeah fair call. I just remember having to correct myself watching the video when all the readings are in feet.

That said...I'm not sure why the app has the units for horizontal airspeed as meters per second (m/s) as opposed to km/h, given that it is mph for the imperial setting. I'd much prefer km/h as it's a lot harder to convert on the fly.
Yes. Very good point.

Incredible, yes ! Stupid and irresponsible certainly ! You are using your drone without respecting any of the FFA rules !

Last edited:
First of all, I'm not american ! Second, it is because of the way people like you are behaving that we will see our drones banned soon or later !
I say it again : you're irresponsible !

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
Incredible, yes ! Stupid and irresponsible certainly ! You are using your drone without respecting any of the FFA rules !
Again the faa has made recommendations not rules . Do not fly within 5 miles of an airport and keep it under 400 feet both of which were done. So until there's a change I will be flying long and safe!!

I fly light planes and definitely not at 27,000 feel. But, the next time you get on an airliner and fly someplace at 27,000 feet, and up, keep track of the ground perspective. At 27,000 feet it doesn't look anything like what the camera shows from this flight. At least that's my experience. Maybe his landscape environment is way different than mine.

27K distance... not altitude.

How do you install this mod it looks like you have to make holes in order to mount the wires

Yes ... you do need to make holes... some of these mods aren't for folks who worry about warranty... maybe just bookmark the mod and save it for later when warranty is done?

We were following ALL the FAA guidelines... except one... line of sight

First of all, I'm not american ! Second, it is because of the way people like you are behaving that we will see our drones banned soon or later !
I say it again : you're irresponsible !

I think we will see things start getting banned more likely because of the crowd that likes to fly over populated urban areas rather than out in the middle of nowhere like we do.

The first bans will come when some innocent bystander gets seriously injured or even killed by one of these things... and I don't think your gonna see that from one of us Long Rangers flying over open farmland or water.

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Dadcat
Well there's more ammo for FCC, I guess the line of sight goes out the door. Boys will be boys... At least it was under 400 ft. I love flying too.

Well there's more ammo for FCC, I guess the line of sight goes out the door. Boys will be boys... At least it was under 400 ft. I love flying too.
What's dangerous is all the inexperienced pilots , who do not read the manual. Everyday I see 4 or 5 new posts about guys crashing their new"toy". Those are the guys I'm worried about and in just about every case these crashes are only a few hundred feet away. These crashes are also most definitely pilot error. 99% of the people that enjoy long range flights are not only experienced but also have a better understanding of these amazing machines. Each time they are flown over unpopulated areas with safety being the most important thing. Also proper inspection and preflight checks are performed before each flight. It's going to be these inexperienced and uneducated pilots that will end up causing the FAA to take a look at this hobby.

The FAA began looking into this 'hobby' about 2012-2013.

They have drafted the first set of UAS 'rules' and completed the NPRM comment process.
Now we wait for the revised set of rules and thier codification.

There have been some peeks and leaks that seem to suggest they are well balanced to both permit commercial/recreational use and provide safety for the U.S. or national airspace.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I don't know about the other lands part but even in the USA we commonly refer to distance only in miles and altitude only in feet except when thinking metric and then it's Km and meters.

FCC ?? At least get the right agency !! It's the FAA
Oh, the FCC will probably will be involved to, because of signal strength at 5 miles when it is only supposed to reach 1.2 miles. An oh yes, don't forget about Homeland Security, the Secret Service, the Military, the Environmental Protection Agency, the US Parks and Wildlife Department, and the Department of Agriculture, The Capitol Police. The list goes on-- drones are high profile-- and the attention will not go away soon:eek:o_O:mad:.

Rock -n- Roll

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20