Incredible 5+ mile flight of the Phantom 3

it said it was 27,000 feet (distance wise) which is slightly over 5 miles. this is very doable if the TX power is there.

If he was saying 27,000 feet distance, that's a very different thing. That I can believe. Just not 27,000 in altitude.

I fly light planes and definitely not at 27,000 feel. But, the next time you get on an airliner and fly someplace at 27,000 feet, and up, keep track of the ground perspective. At 27,000 feet it doesn't look anything like what the camera shows from this flight. At least that's my experience. Maybe his landscape environment is way different than mine.

read my previous post... it's 27,000 feet distance-wise, not 27,000 height-wise. two totally different things. lol

I fly light planes and definitely not at 27,000 feel. But, the next time you get on an airliner and fly someplace at 27,000 feet, and up, keep track of the ground perspective. At 27,000 feet it doesn't look anything like what the camera shows from this flight. At least that's my experience. Maybe his landscape environment is way different than mine.

Says it right on the screenshot bro... distance: 27,633... alt: 399.9ft

Hey Snerd! Would you fly in a light plane with a pilot that doesn't know the difference between distance and height?
Aw, I'm not gonna rag on the new guy. We all make assumptions at some time or another. But I was cracking up picturing a Phantom at 27,000 feet altitude I tell ya! :D

Reactions: bobmyers
I don't even know what to say lol

Some people seem to get to that altitude,
without leaving the Lazyboy recliner... ;-)

Definitely in a cloud.

RedHotPoker

Hahahaha and Larry has left the building... Lol, can't even 27k feet high was being argued.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Says it right on the screenshot bro... distance: 27,633... alt: 399.9ft

question: does this mod require the bird to be always facing the front of your extender or is the extender omnidirectional?

Assuming 30 mph.....(a little slower than normal because of extra battery?)

Which is about 2,640 ft / minute

27,600ft / 2,640ft per min = just about 10.5 minutes.

Plausible from that perspective ? Unless I'm guilty of "Wine influenced math"?

Reactions: J0ck0
Hahahaha and Larry has left the building... Lol, can't even 27k feet high was being argued.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Most of the commenters don't take the time to review the entire post-- so they wind up at high -- 27,000 ft.--too much Ripple--- He is not the first one.:D:D

If you are really wanting to see how far the aerial mod can go, why don't you just fly it as far as it will go until it loses connection. Once it loses FPV connection, turn it around.
If you don't think you can get it back on the battery at that point, land it next to a road and go pick it up, or have a friend there in advance.

Done. dusted.

Last edited:
Most of the commenters don't take the time to review the entire post-- so they wind up at high -- 27,000 ft.--too much Ripple--- He is not the first one.:D:D

We people from other lands tend to only use feet for aircraft height, if then, so it's kinda the first thing that jumps out at us.

I'm surprised feet is being used for distance when you start getting in to the thousands. I thought you'd all be flipping our to miles or even yards... I suppose it's much easier for those on the metric system to change quickly between the base 10 units. I flew 5 million millimeters today.

We people from other lands tend to only use feet for aircraft height, if then, so it's kinda the first thing that jumps out at us.

I'm surprised feet is being used for distance when you start getting in to the thousands. I thought you'd all be flipping our to miles or even yards... I suppose it's much easier for those on the metric system to change quickly between the base 10 units. I flew 5 million millimeters today.
I sort of thought the title of the thread:

"Incredible 5+ Mile Flight..." would have provided a clue.

My brain can't grasp that in millemeters.

I sort of thought the title of the thread:

"Incredible 5+ Mile Flight..." would have provided a clue.

My brain can't grasp that in millemeters.

Yeah fair call. I just remember having to correct myself watching the video when all the readings are in feet.

That said...I'm not sure why the app has the units for horizontal airspeed as meters per second (m/s) as opposed to km/h, given that it is mph for the imperial setting. I'd much prefer km/h as it's a lot harder to convert on the fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20