increasing control range...

Reaction score
How can I improve the control signal from my DJ6 hand-controller to the Phantom 2?
I understand that it's a 2.4 GHz radio channel, is it also just a direct implementation of 802.11 wifi? or is it more like the old traditional PWM type proportional controls?
Ive seen various youtube videos of just upgrading the Omni antenna on the DJ6 handset.... is that the best upgrade there is at the moment?

I have a Flysight 7" FPV monitor mounted right over the stock antenna on the DJ6 which won't be helping, but I like the screen there.

I was wondering about just sticking some kind of linear amplifier inline with the stock Tx, not that I have anything in mind yet.

My problem is not so much that I want huge range, rather I would like more reliable control within my normal operating range (about 400m max). Im getting nuisance GoHomes, which are disrupting smooth video.
I have seen video of the FCC/EU option inside the DJ6, but my DJ6 assistant does not seem to have this switch - has it been disabled?
thanks

I would be a little concerned about the fact that you're getting RTH triggered within 400m. I've flown my P2 at a distance of 600m with absolutely no control issues. Are you flying with a clear line of sight to the Phantom, and well away from sources of potential electrical interference?

The stock controller is capable of over 1000m without issues, even in my testing of close proximity to 2.4/5.8GHz wifi ISP antennas.
I have even landed in a back yard 400m away where I had objects (housing) in LoS, only lost video when landing there.
400 is way too little, something's not right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers