Increased WiFi and Controller range after Updates

Reaction score
Hi all

I am experiencing a sudden, unexpected and very welcome increase in range since the last update.
Before, I could not get more than 250m out of my stock equipment, and no I'm getting 430m plus.
Any ideas why this is happening and do others have the same experience? :D

Something you are doing rather than the app. Too many variables affect range but your Phantom should get up to 500 metres when you do everything right.

You may of activated fcc in the Phantom assistant.

You are not able to get more then 430 m? And before only 250 m? That is seriously low. You sure you have it in FCC mode? Two beeps when you turn on your remote?

I get 800m easily, could go more but didn't try yet. That is before the update.

I get VERY low FPV range, a few hundred meters and I am in FCC mode, had the same problem on both the V+ I have owned, not sure what the problem is, my phones wifi is not very good and I live in Thailand where it's very humid and have lots of other WIFI, cell phone towers, overhead electric lines everywhere.

Ive been testing my new FPVLR stage 2 antennas (controller-side antennas), and have been amazed at the difference in distance between flying in a high-signal environment (suburbia) and a low signal environment (rural).

Huge difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik