Increase FPV clarity on DJI APP ??

Reaction score
Hey All

Is there a way to increase the clarity of the FPV that you see in the DJI App ??
Im using PV2+ with Samsung S5. The DJI App works great, as does the phantom. The videos that are recorded are great quality, not issues there what so ever. Its just the image I see on the screen is not quite 100%. It does not flicker or anything like that, its just not as great quality as when I look at the actual videos on the memory card (on the PC).

Does changing the resolution to diff sizes with either 15 or 30 FPS make a diff to what you see or just the videos ? When I do the largest setting at 30 FPS the video freezes so it does not like that setting.. I am using the smaller setting at 30 FPS which works fine, but yeah just clarity issues... and sorry I couldn't remember the 2 resolution settings, but you what I mean :)

Thanks

BTW it sucks they did not include a screw driver... I have the correct tool to remove the screws however it is to big to fit into the screews closest to the middle. That scren on each arm is pretty deep. I'll have to go out tomorrow and buy another tool grrr..

To increase the clarity just increase the exposure setting on the camera. It'll do wonders ;) I have mine set to +2.0

Frame rate just controls how many frames per second you get and is more noticeable for action.

640 vs 320 does help of course but there are performance issues with trying to stream so much data.

And no, it will not be as good on FVP and wasn't designed to be. The way I see the camera FPV is its like the viewfinder on the back of a DSLR. Its just meant to steer your view. Why do you need it as good as the actual video?

I have always noticed the focus is out on the screen at 640x320 15fps. Is that what u mean?

As far as the tool, the screw is a 2 mm hex head on mine. I have a metric hex key set from sears that works fine as the tool is plenty long.

If you want the best preview quality on your phone then you need to have 640x480@30fps in preview settings. On some devices this can cause lag or dropouts in the video so its not always good, I've upgraded my antennas on the tx with the fpvlr stge 2 kit and i can use the highest preview setting on my Galaxy S5, before the upgrade it used to lag or dropout depending on location.

Thanks for the info :)
Yeah I am looking into that stage 2 kit... not to expensive but have a few bills this month so it miht have to wait abit :)
I don't really need it perfect, just wondered if I could increase..

My only problem now is these dam birds.. I think their crows.. They don't like me flying above there tree... The go for it then a few meters away change direction...and at that point I try fly away.. might not go near there tree again... Don't want to clean blood and feathers off it :(

justin00 said:
Thanks for the info :)
Yeah I am looking into that stage 2 kit... not to expensive but have a few bills this month so it miht have to wait abit :)
I don't really need it perfect, just wondered if I could increase..

My only problem now is these dam birds.. I think their crows.. They don't like me flying above there tree... The go for it then a few meters away change direction...and at that point I try fly away.. might not go near there tree again... Don't want to clean blood and feathers off it :(
I have had the same problems with young swallows this summer. They seem to enjoy playing follow the leader.

I think they are better at flying than me so although they come close they manage to avoid being hit ;)

Hmm been having some FPV issues since I did the GPS mod.
once or twice the camera has not worked until I changed to 320xx @ 15fps.. then I could get a picture; however then I could change to 320xx 30 FPS.
Is it possible the alumniun tape I had is touching other components. I even wrapped the gps cable in the tape and its pretty thick as the tape has padding and then the aluminium.
GPS is working great now...

If that is the case would putting electrical table around all the new aliniumiun (so it can't touch anything) do the trick ??
It might just be coincidental.. but FPV has worked perfectly until these occasional issues...

wrapped tape around the components that could touch.. seems to be working fine now :)

hmm not sure if GPS is bad again lol... Its 6pm so could just be less satellites due to however all that stuff works.. I know diff time of time has diff sats..
in the spot I normally goto and was getting 12 sats I could only get 5 (after I wrapped tape.. and like 4 hours prior i was getting 12).. but in another spot 500m away I could get 8 which is alright.. was almost instant as well.
Will need to wait to day time to try it out again.. hopefully wrapping tape around hasn't done anything..

I can't see why wrapping electrical tape around the aluminum would effect the shielding ?? right ?? :/

DaveMoi said:
To increase the clarity just increase the exposure setting on the camera. It'll do wonders ;) I have mine set to +2.0

What a good idea. I shall try it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj