In the market for new drone

D

DamonR

Hello! I have been looking at buying a drone for a while now. Was thinking either the phantom 4 or the mavic. Portability really doesn't matter for me, however I like how much range that the mavic has compared to the phantom. I'm worried that if I get the mavic, there may be some first gen issues. Should I wait till next year for a newer model or buy one now? How hard is it to upgrade generations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm worried that if I get the mavic, there may be some first gen issues. Should I wait till next year for a newer model or buy one now?
DJI makes great products, but none of them are 100% problem-free. While nobody knows what will happen when the Mavic is released into the wild, DJI will surely be diligently working to resolve any issues that pop up.

How hard is it to upgrade generations?
What exactly do you mean by this?

DJI makes great products, but none of them are 100% problem-free. While nobody knows what will happen when the Mavic is released into the wild, DJI will surely be diligently working to resolve any issues that pop up.

What exactly do you mean by this?

Okay I see, and I mean upgrading from like a phantom 3 to phantom 4? Do you lose a good chunk of money doing this?

If you're planning on selling your old quadcopter to upgrade, then you'll technically be gaining money. You certainly won't get back 100% of what you put into it. The same goes with most old technology though.

After watching videos from iPhonedo i have decided to purchase the mavic

Hello! I have been looking at buying a drone for a while now. Was thinking either the phantom 4 or the mavic. Portability really doesn't matter for me, however I like how much range that the mavic has compared to the phantom. I'm worried that if I get the mavic, there may be some first gen issues. Should I wait till next year for a newer model or buy one now? How hard is it to upgrade generations?

...Damon, thats a No-Brain'er, P4, and leave as is, don't follow the rest of the sheep onto the Update Band-Wagon...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic