In the Fireworks

Reaction score
Oh wow, is that ever spectacular...
I saw this tonight, and thought it was awesome, worth sharing, if you hadn't seen it prior.
Flying a Drone into a 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza

It was only a matter of time before somebody did this. In my mind, this is one of the best uses of a drone I have seen to date. There is nothing really spectacular about this video, but considering it is 4th of July weekend and this video is not part of the LL community yet, I just had to post it. So please, enjoy. Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday, America.

The drone is a DJI Phantom 2 and the camera used was a GoPro Hero 3 silver. The quad was not damaged.

I never saw them explosions from this perspective before.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Cthulhus
Very nice, good view of the fireworks, thanks for sharing.

I've seen it before, but every time it comes up again I can't help but pause and watch it in its entirety once again. Simply a spectacular, once-in-a-lifetime video. Awesome!

Yes, it truly is one of a kind. It's amazing, being right there in the midst of them going off one after another. The music was festive for the occasion as well. Hahaha

Anyway, if you hadn't seen it before, & glad you enjoyed it a second or third time as well. ;-)

And no Phantoms were injured... Sweet.

RedHotPoker

@snerd,
That was from Live Leak. Be careful what you click on...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: snerd
A ant has a higher IQ then that moron. Besides he was the the first one to do that.

A ant has a higher IQ then that moron. Besides he was the the first one to do that.
First, that video is not new - it was posted to You Tube last year.

And why your condescending "I am Perfect in Every Way" comment? What could possibly be wrong about that flight that set off your superior IQ?

The video was shot over the intercoastal waterway near Palm Beach. Even if the highly unlikely event of a hit by one of the fireworks brought the drone down, the fireworks display and the drone were over water.

Reactions: dirkclod
That's your opinion Steve. So in your opinion because it was over water it was ok. Well I disagree and he was still a moron.

Well I disagree and he was still a moron
Why?? All that he endangered was his Phantom and a couple of fish beneath it.

Some folks will forever stay in their backyard, filming the same old tree, and be perfectly happy. Life is for living, and I almost got to do the same thing this past 4th of July. Got permission, but storms rolled in and I decided to not take the chance.

I wouldn't want to lose my Phantom 3 in a sudden gust of strong wind.
But I have flown it fairly high, and was surprised how well it held its own, in moderately gusting conditions. Flying against the wind going out any dstance, is obviously advisable. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Some folks will forever stay in their backyard, filming the same old tree, and be perfectly happy. Life is for living.
I might have to sig that.

Reactions: snerd
I think this person could have easily lost his drone, he flew right through with stuff wizzing by it...glad it worked out, great video!

So I want to do this. How likely would it be to get hit when flying right in the middle of the fireworks?

I think I would actually prefer flying towards flaming exploding fireworks bursting in air, than a hot bag of feathers flying furiously towards my drone.
What about you? Haha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4