Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

In one flight got 18 separate logs...

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by DukeDiablo, May 17, 2016.

1. DukeDiablo

Something strange happened with my flight tonight. After compass calibration I got my P3S up in the air, it automatically set the home-point and i pushed it to 67 m altitude. Sudden I got a weak signal message and lowered it down a little and pushed forward 60 m and again weak signal and signal lost. I've decided to push go home button on my phone, but it just said that back to home failed... So I freaked out a little, but noticed that I still can control my quad with RC, although on my RC red led was indicating loss of signal occasionally. After I managed to get my quad closer it reconnected again. And this was the case (weak signal/loss of signal/ reconnection) for the whole flight. But most interesting part was when I got home and checked my logs. I had 18 new logs, I uploaded it to HealthyDrones and was surprised that my one flight was divided into 18 separate flights and each flight had new different home-point. But during my flight I did not land or set a new home points.
    So it seems like after each signal loss my phantom was considering that it is a "new" flight.
    Also weird things was happening with DJI Go app, sometimes after signal loss it went to thumbnail list of pictures which I took during tonights flight.
    I was flying in this area few days ago, and managed to get better distance w/o signal warnings.
    So I'm confused a little and thinking on updating to a new 1.6.80 firmware.
    Any thoughts?

2. RodPad

Yes when you loose signal from the Phantom, the flight is chopped, your mobile device is logging the fllght.
    Try Re-Linking remote and Phantom, other than that?

3. Gary M

I was having trouble getting FPV signal with my Standard since I bought it in February. By the end of March I couldn't fly it at all. Sent it in to Dji. They replaced the gimbal and remote. Worked perfect. For a few days. Then gimbal started jumping up and down on its own, then it started the stupid signal loss/weird flight logs like you described. I actually had a short log of the drone being in a place and on a path that the drone hadn't even been to. Back to Dji again. It's on its way home now. Hopefully it's worth flying when I get it back this time.

4. Alfex

I'm having the same short range issues also

5. DukeDiablo

The other day I managed to get 300 m range with no problems, though in different area. But last night was something strange. I still need to test this quad in different areas and to see how it performs. I do not expect to get more than 150 m in urban areas, but 67 meters are way to short.
    The only thing I'm afraid that quad was changing home-point locations all the time last night and this is something wrong. As I said, will try to install new firmware, calibrate everything and re-link RC and reinstall DJI Go app.
    Always was thinking on buying Advanced version, but decided that Standard would be more than enough. It seems that maybe was wrong.